2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

water under driver's side floor mat

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 06:42 PM
mtarodi1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question water under driver's side floor mat

I have a problem for a few months with water leaking in from somewhere around the driver's side floor mat on my 2003 dodge dakota. I have looked everywhere to see if it is leaking from the windshield or driver's side door, but have had no luck finding a leak.
It is now winter and has become a major hassle causing the inside of my windows to frost (not to mention wet feet too).
If anyone has any idea what may be causing this and/or how to fix it, it would be much appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Last edited by mtarodi1; 11-18-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: forgot icon
Old 11-27-2011, 01:39 AM
FLICKER

Check the coolant level lately? The water / anti-freeze on my floor was caused by a leak in the heater core, ugly job too!

Old 11-27-2011, 11:48 AM
mtarodi1
Default Found the leak

Because I've had a couple windows replaced recently by speedy auto glass, I decided to take back there for some leak tests. After a series of pressure tests they determined that the rear drivers side window is the problem. For some reason, when the window is closed, it does not create a proper seal. Just stopped working.
So, I went to home depot and picked up some rubber pipe insulation to cover the old seal. Hope it works

Quick Reply: water under driver's side floor mat