Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Dodge. (This is not a tech section.)

Dodge Dart Returns!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 11:21 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Dart Returns!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/...w-compact-car/

I think this is cool. The new compact is going to be called the Dart. Some might think naming a front wheel-drive car the Dart may be sacrilege, but I think it is awesome. That's a decent looking car, too.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

The Demon is Next.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:33 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

If it's the show car from, like, 2005, that will be beyond cool.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want one! Naturally aspirated with a 6 speed manual, please.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The 1.4L they mention in the story is the Fiat Multi-Air and it's supposed to be a turbo.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Shelbyfan
Professional

Dumb. The Charger, Challenger, and the 300 are all great reintroductions. But taking a basic car that is lightweight, easy to build and cheap and reintroducing it from a gutles FIAT!!!! No freaking way. FWD is stupid, plain and simple. It's for people who don't know how to drive in the snow and love wheel hop and torque steer.

This would be a great time to drop the SRT4 engine into a RWD platform on a car about the size of the Avenger. Or drop a turbo 6 in it. Or how about something cool. Like putting a V8 into the Avenger, copying Audi with their hybrid shutoff tech, and giving us 300+ HP with 25+MPG.

A car company as big as Chrysler/Fiat/Alpha should be able to do something worthwhile instead of giving us a worse version of the neon platform, probably one of the worse vehicles ever put out by Chrysler.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:54 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I have owned 2 brand new Neon's. The 97 had a recurring popping in the front left suspension, but it never had tire wear and I put 58k, otherwise trouble-free miles on it. Should never have sold it. The 03 is still in service with my son after 150k miles and everything still works-including the a/c which is unheard of in Arizona. My 90 Shadow was heavy, slow and only got 28 mpg on the highway. It was a damn reliable car, but I wasn't satisfied. The Neon and new Dart are world competing cars. Maybe not everyone's flavor, but compared to the competition, will be very good. Let's not forget that the Omni/Horizon were designs bought from Volkswagon, and as someone who owned 3-2 brand new, a damn fine car. Instead of cursing Chrysler for not producing what you want, why not celebrate that they are still here to be making cars. I was brought home from the hospital in 1968 in a 63 Valiant my dad bought new and drove for over 200k trouble-free miles before it got totaled. Coronets, Valiants, Darts, Chargers, Barracudas, Satellites, Polaras, New Yorkers, K cars, you name it, I and my family have owned and loved them. Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth are in my DNA. I'll take a FIAT derived Dodge if it saves the company I would bleed for and that has been so good to me.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:57 AM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

p.s. The 2 cars that Chryco made that were terrible was the Aspen/Volare. How could they take the same engine and transmission from the bulletproof Dart and make such a lousy car? I guess we could throw the Mirada and Cordoba in there, too. Good looking cars for the era, but just terrible build quality.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, I like neon's.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:57 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

I love neons as well. Drive a civic and neon same model year and I think the Neon is a much better drive based on similar features.

Quick Reply: Dodge Dart Returns!