2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

error code p0205, p0206, p0207

Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 PM
calbear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default error code p0205, p0206, p0207

looking for a possible fix if anyone had these codes before and fixed the problem, it has to do with injector circuit

thanks

Old 05-07-2009, 02:05 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you have a short, or injectors could be clogged.

Check over the wiring, and run some injector cleaner.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:54 PM
calbear
Default tried it

i did try the injector cleaner , looked over the wiring, nothing seems to be out of place, just cant figure it out

Old 12-10-2011, 06:42 PM
sinfulscorpio
Thumbs up Getting p0207 even after changing #7 Fuel Injector and Injector Plug.

I need some advice on a problem I'm having with my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 5.9L Sport Package. I was getting the code P0207, and a friend of mine told me that Fuel Injector #7 was bad. Today I changed the fuel injector #7 and the injector plug, cleared the code and it ran fine for a while, but then it started throwing the P0207 code and 1493. When I take off it hesitates and is running rough. I really don't know where to go from here. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-10-2011, 06:47 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default autozone

Have autozone check your battery and charging system they will do it for free maybe your system is running high on voltage a lot of people are having this problem at this time of year I see.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
sinfulscorpio

I am on the way to Advanced Auto Parts as we speak, so I will have them check this. Thank you so much! I will get back with ya.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:27 AM
User
Champion

If you are constantly getting inj 7 codes after replacing the injector you should check your wire harness for shorts. I pulled my whole harness unraveled it and checked every wire. I found 2 bare wires and a ground broken. Re-wrapped it and installed it.

If the harness is showing a short follow the wires and make sure none are pinched or shorted together the injector wires all run through 1 ground. It's easy to follow.

If the wires look ok, more then likely it's going to be a PCM problem and will need to be replaced. I had the exact same issue with mine and it was #7 this one seems to go out first. After research it had something to do with a short in the PCM. I sent it in to a place the re-manufactures PCMs I got a new one back installed it and it worked fine. If you send in the factory PCM you get a lifetime warranty. It was a place I found on ebay. It was around 150-200 to have it fixed I can't remember.

Injector problems need to be fixed asap and not driven. Depending on the short it can leave the injector open flooding the cylinders, fouling out the plug, washing out the rings, and damaging the o2 sensor.

The bucking is due to the misfire in #7

The other code is due to a faulty or damged battery sensor. The sensor is under the battery tray it's that little circle thing that sits under the battery, either you have a short or the battery/charging system needs to be replaced.

Dodge's electrical system is very sensitive. A bad battery can cause a lot of problems. As the other guy stated I would get this checked first, and if they are both ok continue on to my other suggestions.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default your PCM

Your PCM may be dying on you first things that happened to me was bucking poor performance just ran odd good smooth running then crappy running.

Replaced the PCM and no more problems but at $1.200 very pricy fix I have seen some discount places that charge $500 or less.

The PCM is the engine computer or car computer.

OOOPS just saw that User said this sorry User my BAD PCM turned my truck into a bucking crazed psychotic Dakota surged while driving hard to start you name it my Dakota did it.

Last edited by 98DAKAZ; 12-11-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:17 PM
sinfulscorpio

I appreciate all of your comments. I replaced the battery and the battery sensor. Still having the same problem. So I will begin with the wiring harness and if that doesn't turn up anything, I guess I will have to replace the PCM....OUCH! Bad time of year to have to drop that kind of cash into my truck, but it is what it is....Thank you all and have a wonderful holiday season!

Old 12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
User
Champion

Check with these guys when you need a new PCM.

http://myworld.ebay.com/autocomputer...id=p4340.l2559

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: error code p0205, p0206, p0207