2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Running Light Not Working?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:30 PM
ZANGADO
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Running Light Not Working?

The other day I backed in my spot at work and my buddy say's "Hey you got a light out" So today I looked at it and with the parking lights on all three work(two front and drivers side rear) but not the passenger side rear? So I took the light apart and bought a new dual element bulb at NAPA for $ 3 (rippers) so the turn signal works but no running lamp? I checked all the connections and they are good with no wear on any part of the wire either,so I took the bulb out of the top socket,plugged it in and got the same result(no running lamp) so the turn signal works and the brake lights work but no running lamp on that one socket,im puzzled now,could it be the contacts? because there is no corrosion,its all clean,or should I buy a new socket since it can be disconected,what do you guys think because its a huge holiday weekend and I don't need to be pulled over by T.J. Hooker if you know what I mean.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:15 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trace the wiring down and you'll fine a connecting plug in the harness. Disconnect the plug and clean all the contacts with dielectric spray cleaner. Also clean the bulb socket. See if that helps.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:11 PM
ZANGADO
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update,Napa has a replacement socket but you have to re-wire the three wires,im going to try your idea and disconnect the tailight plug and clean it and the bulb socket too and see if that is the answer,thanks and Merry Christmas....

Quick Reply: Running Light Not Working?