Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

part number for this coolant connector?

Old 01-28-2012, 07:25 PM
FireMarshal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default part number for this coolant connector?

I have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan that has started to leak a little coolant from the connector seen below. I cannot find this part # anywhere so I can call around and find one. If anyone here can be of assistance, I thank you!

(click the pics to see a bigger one )

Last edited by FireMarshal; 01-28-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out this post:

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...-I-have-a-leak

According to the information there you have to buy the entire hose assembly. Someone posted a part number for the 2009 Caravan (4677603AL) I checked online and the MSRP is $94.00 but it can be had for about $65.00 plus shipping (www.Mopar-Wholesale.com). I'm not sure if it is the same part number for your 2010.

George

Last edited by georgef; 04-09-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: corrected part number
Old 01-30-2012, 10:52 AM
FireMarshal

Originally Posted by georgef
Check out this post:

http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sho...-I-have-a-leak

According to the information there you have to buy the entire hose assembly. Someone posted a part number for the 2009 Caravan (42677603AL) I check online and the MSRP is $94.00 but it can be had for about $65.00 plus shipping (www.Mopar-Wholesale.com). I'm not sure if it is the same part number for your 2010.

George

Thanks, that was helpful, gotta get to a dealership I guess!

Old 01-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The black plastic piece on the hose is the clamp. It can be cut off and replaced witha gear clamp if desired. Cut almost all the way through the clamp and then break it off with a screw driver so you don't damage the hose.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
The black plastic piece on the hose is the clamp. It can be cut off and replaced with a gear clamp if desired. Cut almost all the way through the clamp and then break it off with a screw driver so you don't damage the hose.
Thanks for that info it may come in handy in the future if mine springs a leak. I thought the OP was referring to the "Y" connector.

George

Old 01-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Tizzy1
Champion

After so many heat and cool cycles, the plastic clamp loosens and the hose starts to leak. The plastic y is fine, it is just the looseness of the clamp that causes the leak.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:47 AM
horntail
Default Heater Supply Hose

I have had the same issue with the 'Y' connector leaking - a very poor design which should have been aluminum... You cannot buy the Y separately, but will have to buy a bundle of hoses and aluminum tubing for the heater system. The part number is: 4677603AK and I believe it is called a Heater Supply Hose. It is $96 + tax and you should be able to install it yourself - I did that and it took about 20 minutes (did not replace the aluminum tubing - but replaced the two Y connectors including hoses). Remember to buy a bit coolant fluid as you will lose a bit when replacing the tubes.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Tizzy1
Champion

The only bad part of the design is what they used for clamps. Should have used constant pressure clamps on the whole assembly.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:00 PM
alintx

This seems to be a pretty common problem with the 2008 minivans. Here's another thread with lots of discussion about this problem.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...lant-leak.html

The take-away is that some folks have been able to replace just the y-connector by cutting off the plastic clamps that are a part of the OEM rig. Total cost of the parts (new y connector, clamps) is about $10 to $15. I'm going to try this repair tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: part number for this coolant connector?