2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust Manifold Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:17 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Manifold Bolts

Anyone ever found a kit to replace these stock bolts? I tossed the stock bolt hardware when I swapped in headers a few years ago... and the headers might be coming back out.

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 02-28-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
slapshift318
Rookie

If you can find one of them, head to the local hardware store, and match them. that's what i did when i lost the bolts for my exhaust.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:28 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by slapshift318
If you can find one of them, head to the local hardware store, and match them. that's what i did when i lost the bolts for my exhaust.
Yeah they are long gone. Figured i'd never reuse the hardware due to rust and age, so they ended up at the scrap yard.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:30 PM
slapshift318
Rookie

get a coffee can, that's what i do. well. if i can find my toolset, i will yank one and give you the length and thread width and such. but cant gaurentee.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

a hardware store like home depot should have the bolts you need. that is where i buy most of the bolt i use. i think they even have stainless steel bolts if you want them. if you need studs you might have to order them at an auto parts store or use threaded rod.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by slapshift318
get a coffee can, that's what i do. well. if i can find my toolset, i will yank one and give you the length and thread width and such. but cant gaurentee.
If you get around to it, that would be pretty cool. If you fear that they may snap, then don't bother. I'm not worth that much :P

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
a hardware store like home depot should have the bolts you need. that is where i buy most of the bolt i use. i think they even have stainless steel bolts if you want them. if you need studs you might have to order them at an auto parts store or use threaded rod.
That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all with the stainless. The stage 8's arn't holding.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:05 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i bought steel bolts for my manifolds before i discovered home depot sold stainless steel bolts. if you plan on keeping the truck stainless steel bolts might be worth the extra money. i think eventually i would like to get stainless steel bolts so they won't rust up and be a pain to remove. i hate when the heads practically rust off like this.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
gnelson49
Professional

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
i bought steel bolts for my manifolds before i discovered home depot sold stainless steel bolts. if you plan on keeping the truck stainless steel bolts might be worth the extra money. i think eventually i would like to get stainless steel bolts so they won't rust up and be a pain to remove. i hate when the heads practically rust off like this.
Those are some good lookin bolts!

Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe dorman makes replacement exhaust bolts and the studs. I think they are usually in the Help! Section.

Just pull a header bolt and match up the threads off that. The front ones are usually easily reached.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
I believe dorman makes replacement exhaust bolts and the studs. I think they are usually in the Help! Section.

Just pull a header bolt and match up the threads off that. The front ones are usually easily reached.

Couldn't find the dorman manifold bolts, only down tube bolts. Exhaust leak got worse today, so I decided to order them through dodge. They will be here Saturday morning.

Last edited by pcfixerpro; 03-01-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Manifold Bolts