4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 01:36 PM
dline
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram

swapped out 4 gauge cluster for 6 gauge cluster, success plugs right in

Old 11-29-2010, 02:08 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does the evic itself work IE milage to empty, miles per gallon, system info, oil and water temp oil pressure etc. compass, outside temp?

Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 PM
APRAM

Where did you purchase the cluster from and was there any programing needed to make it work? I would like to do the same to my 2011 1500 ST.

Last edited by APRAM; 12-05-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:44 PM
dline
Professional

no programming needed, compass and horn doesn't work.

everything else works shows radio station and dte....

next up is swapping steering wheels

Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 PM
bhansson

Did the odometer miles transfer?

Old 12-05-2010, 11:06 PM
1954Radio
Captain

Dumb question...how did you get your oil pressure gauge to work being that the ST has an electrical sending unit...or does the ST have a transducer electric mechanical that can be used on either one? In other words...did you have to change the oil pressure sending unit to make the oil pressure gauge work with the EVIC?

Old 12-14-2010, 03:09 AM
koolram
Professional

I have been wanting to do this how hard is it to make everything work? Why isn't the horn working??

Old 12-14-2010, 03:17 AM
1954Radio
Captain

Originally Posted by koolram
I have been wanting to do this how hard is it to make everything work? Why isn't the horn working??
I think this guy pooped out on us, lol!

Old 12-14-2010, 12:10 PM
ictsean
Amateur

ok makes sense that the compass doesn't work, as the compass module is likely not installed in the truck... but the horn? why would it not work? Oh and what year is your truck? What size engine? Can we get some more specifics about your set-up?

Old 08-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Jonny3000
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Complete Upgrade / Mod on Cluster (EVIC) and Steering Wheel

I have a 2011 Dodge ram 1500 Regular Cab 4x2 Hemi Express Package with ST package. I ordered a 2010 cluster EVIC with 11K on it and a steering wheel from a Larmie (Leather, EVIC buttons, Audio buttons). My truck barely has 400 miles on it now. Everthing installed nicely. All wires seems to fitt without anything extra and plug right in. Only thing I noticed was on the EVIC, on the back, there was a extra slot for a wire to plug in. I don't have a wire diagram for it so I figure it was probably for the Compass. After install I turn on the truck to see results. First thing I noticed was the mileage change from 400 miles to 11k, not cool! Then none of the buttons would work with the EVIC except the trips button on the EVIC. But, everthing else worked. This included all the menus (if you could see them all), lights, blinkers, notification messages etc.. The horn doesn't work with the steering wheel but works with the alarm. So now im left with trying to get the rest to work. From what I researched, its not another wire set or more hardware I need but a software upgrade or flash. One thing I need is to have the PCM update the true mileage of the truck, witch is funny that they would allow a cluster to hold mileage. Makes it easy to change the mileage but it my situation its no good. lol. I heard the dealer can fix this. Next option I heard is having the star tool reprogram my PCM to have the buttons work and hopefully the horn. My plan now is to call the dealer and se what they say. I'll update the cost for reprogram and any additional hardware needed. The cluster and steering wheel I paid $125 for each for a total of $250 so far. No need to post pictures unless you need help trying to to replace EVIC and Steering wheel, in which a simple star screw driver, socket set and steering wheel pully will do (Disable air bag by removing negative ground on battery). Please let me know if you have also done this and can point me in the right direction or if you wish to know more.

Quick Reply: added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram