Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

1976 D100 short bed short wheel base

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Rdnck Weldin'
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1976 D100 short bed short wheel base

I have a 1976 Dodge D100 short bed. Packin' a rebuilt 318. The truck has the short wheel base which im told makes it a very desirable truck when in the right crowd. I personally dont know much about the truck. It was my friends truck and he was in the process of building it to be a speed demon. He had about 2500$ in the truck when he sold it to me, but family emergency came up an he had to sell it. I got a real good price.

Rebuilt the motor. Transmission was rebuilt. Replaced rotors, calipers, shoes, rear brake drums, replaced all wires, new gas tank, new fuel lines, got a flow-master exhaust.
The body is in fairly good shape, needs minor bondo work in spot. Has some light surface rust but none damaging. The bed floor has two holes about 3''inch wide, both will be easy to weld a patch over it.

I still to need to replace the gear box, A/C pump, tires and the steering column needs some work, but I dont think ill have to replace it.
I haven't decided what I want to do with the truck once I get it street legal. Whether I should leave it a street truck or if I want to raise it a couple inches and put some 36'' grapplers. I like the thought of rhino lining the whole truck, and put a couple KC's on it. The other thing im thinking is to just make it look clean as i can.
I would like to here some opinions on whats the best thing to do with the truck...
Pictures are old I have done a lot of work on it since then, but heres my truck

IMG_0327 by big cats unlimited, on Flickr

IMG_0328 by big cats unlimited, on Flickr

Old 01-30-2012, 06:13 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

the first two things to do. get the right ballast resistor, get two of them, put in glove box. the first time it trys to start but doesnt change the resistor. and get a new cap and rotor , plug the vent next to the center post, use J-B weld.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Rdnck Weldin'

will do, thanks for the info moe.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

also keep a watch the electrical wire going to the heater blower, it wants to over heat, and a new fuse in the new wire. i had to replace the on my 1977. on a 1982 ram the ignition switch would burn the a/c connector IN the switch. its a big job to wire in a relay to take the load. new subject: clean the cooling system, use distilled water, then ad 7-9 oz of marvel mystery oil to the cooling system, this will keep the rust down. and use mmo in the gasoline. 4 oz mmo in 10 gal gas.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:26 AM
polo62

where did you find a new gas tank?

Quick Reply: 1976 D100 short bed short wheel base