3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water under passenger rear seat!!

Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 PM
thumperk15
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water under passenger rear seat!!

I carry stuff under my rear seat and I was looking for something today and it's all soaking wet! There's a puddle of water sitting there after I pull my wet stuff out. Has anyone else had this problem? The truck is a '08 quad cab with the rear electric sliding glass. The water soaked area is under the passenger rear seat. I've noticed it once before but it wasn't a water puddle, I thought someone just spilled a little water on the seat and it made it's way under.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

With the solid glass and manual sliders it's always the 3rd Brake light, with the power window it could be either. I'd say to take the screw out of the brake light and silicone the **** out of it and put it back on - and hope that's it because I don't think anyone has solved the power slider leak short of replacing it.

Symptoms are the same, when the brake light leaks it goes around the window and underneath it to the same place as when the window leaks...

Old 03-24-2012, 09:15 PM
thumperk15
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'll pull the brake light tomorrow and give that a try.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:33 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah I had a 3rd brake light leak once too. Very frustrating to say the least. But I tightened it down some and it went away

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water under passenger rear seat!!