4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speedometer Calibrator

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 AM
2011HemiSport
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedometer Calibrator

Since Diablo does not offer a tuner for my 2011 Ram I have no way to adjust the tire size other than Hypertech's Speedo Calibrator. If I buy the Hypertech's to calibrate the 35" tires - will it mess with the Diablo tuner if I buy one when it comes out?

Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Hypertech Support
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you decide to switch to a different product in the future you simply return thr Hypertech unit to stock which will restore the factory stock files to the vehicle and will have no effect on the other product.

GW

Old 04-10-2012, 12:06 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by Hypertech Support
If you decide to switch to a different product in the future you simply return thr Hypertech unit to stock which will restore the factory stock files to the vehicle and will have no effect on the other product.

GW
I could be wrong here, but i think you may have missed his point.... what it sounds like to me is, he wants to buy the diablo, then keep a diablo tune into his truck at the same time while he plugs in the hypertech to change ONLY his tire calibration without loosing his diablo tune. Of course this will only count if diablo comes out with a capable tuner for 11 on up trucks. My own personal opinion, SUPERCHIPS...!!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Hypertech Support
Amateur
Default Hypertech Questions

Originally Posted by LU229
I could be wrong here, but i think you may have missed his point.... what it sounds like to me is, he wants to buy the diablo, then keep a diablo tune into his truck at the same time while he plugs in the hypertech to change ONLY his tire calibration without loosing his diablo tune. Of course this will only count if diablo comes out with a capable tuner for 11 on up trucks. My own personal opinion, SUPERCHIPS...!!!!
Perhaps I read it wrong then ***Thought he commented that Diablo Does Not have anything out yet.
Even if and when they do come out with a tuning product the speedometer calibrator from Hypertech will not stop him from loading a tune from another vendor,being Diablo or your selection of choice and can be either left in the vehicle to correct tire size or removed (his choice)

Thanks,

GW
Hypertech Inc

Old 04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
2011HemiSport
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If and when Hypertech releases a tune for my truck, will it give me the option to disable the MDS? That is one of my main objectives for buying a performance tuner.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:50 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by 2011HemiSport
If and when Hypertech releases a tune for my truck, will it give me the option to disable the MDS? That is one of my main objectives for buying a performance tuner.
2011HemiSport...
According to the HYPERTECH website, the earlier hypertech models DID disable the MDS for 2010 on back. Anyones guess when they`ll crack the codes for 11 up hemi`s though. Seems like to me if it were going to happen, it would have long before now... here we are looking at 2013 trucks and the tuner companys are STILL locked out. I think chrysler found a real good encryption system to keep everybody out of those computors. Personally, i think its a bad idea to lock them out. (ford and chevy arent locked out that i know of as of yet for 2013) Anyhow..... If the MDS really bothers you, you can always drop it into 5th gear, that will shut the MDS feature completely off. Whenever i`m doing any city driving i always drop into 5th gear to shut that crap MDS off. The MDS is very annoying to say the least in city traffic. If and when they crack the codes for the 11 up hemi trucks, you may want to research the SUPERCHIPS tuner.

Quick Reply: Speedometer Calibrator