4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Videos of the 2013 Ram 1500 features in action.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Videos of the 2013 Ram 1500 features in action.

Ive detailed some of the highlights of the 2013 Ram 1500 on the front page article (click here to read that) and Chrysler issued these videos to show some of the new technology.

http://youtu.be/-0_nC7yZS9U

http://youtu.be/eurJ1Fka0bE

http://youtu.be/CmTRrmK6_-c

Last edited by BadStratRT; 04-05-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:30 PM
rapta619
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn thats sweet, but i wonder what will happen when you overload it a tad. will it go bonkers like a command center? cuz we all have been there before.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:58 AM
seigell
Veteran

Gear Selector on a Dash **** - Oh damn, why does every car maker need to experiment with "Driving as a Game" ??

One interesting aspect of the new 8-speed transmission is the shift control, which is now handled with a large **** on the dash rather than a traditional shifter on the steering column or on the floor console. With the turn of a large **** mounted to the left of the stereo/navigation screen area, the driver can select between drive, reverse, neutral and park and when equipped, this **** is accompanied by a selection of buttons to control the 4wheeldrive system.
You see it in the Auto-Stop/Start Video - a PRNDL **** on the lower left of the Center Console Dash Stack (where the 4x4 Transfer Case Controls used to be).
Why in the world did some goofy marketing type think that trying to Shift by stretching to reach to the Center Dash while driving a Truck that is likely bouncing down a road or around a corner would be a Good Thing ?? Did they Really need that Front Row Center Seat so badly in order to claim "Seats 7" status, and thus needed to get rid of the Floor Console Shifter ?? Or is an 8-Speed Gearbox deemed "Too Complex" for mere mortals to be given control with a real Shifter ?? Didn't they learn anything as even BMW pulled back from making their iDrive Control the "Gizmo needed to Drive a Vehicle" ??

Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 PM
ripplek
Rookie

Rotary gear selector ****----WTF?? Mopar is doing it again. OK, lets start the truck--apply the brake--turn the little **** to the left--back up-- apply the brake-- turn the little **** to the right. If you are as old as me, you'll remember the ridiculous push button gear selector in the middle of the steering wheel back in the early 60's. It was a bonehead move by Chrysler that went away quickly. I hope this does the same in the RAM. I could maybe see it on the console in a 300C, but not on the lower dash in a truck. Com-on man!!

Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 PM
zuiquan1
Professional

I believe if you get the 6-speed tranny you get the standard floor shifter, which I would probably end up doing.

I dont like the changes to the center console though, it looks way to cluttered, and the tiny ac vents make it look like a minivan....

Old 04-07-2012, 09:30 PM
seigell
Veteran

Do notice in the pictures posted by several Car and Truck Mags and Blogs attending the Auto Show, that the little ***** in lower left of Center Dash Console Stack under the heater controls are the Integrated Trailer Break for the 1500.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
seigell
Veteran

Originally Posted by zuiquan1
I believe if you get the 6-speed tranny you get the standard floor shifter, which I would probably end up doing.
But, I don't want the HEMI and the old 6-Speed. I want the Hemi and the 8-Speed AND a standard Shifter Control on the Center Floor Console. I DON'T WANT to Shift by "Spinning a ****" nor by "Playing with Steering Wheel Thumb Buttons". It is OK, if I absently turn the Heater **** or the Radio Volume the wrong way - But NOT the SHIFTER !!

Didn't Fiat/Chrysler even watch the News Coverage of the Toyota Spontaneous Accelleration Issue ?? Do they think that would be fun to live through, too ??

Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 AM
MinatorHemi8
Veteran

Anyone know if it's possible to disable the stop light shutoff or is that going to be a permanent feature

Old 04-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Owensue
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can turn it off, it's a button under the AC controls like the traction control.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:04 AM
newfiebullet
Professional

Dont like the new gear selector, but do like the air suspension.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Videos of the 2013 Ram 1500 features in action.