Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2012 police User interface failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Jeremy71655
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 police User interface failure

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My department has purchased a 2012 police package charger. It has less than 500 miles on it and this User Interface/ radio has stopped working. The screen went blank and will not respond. I have tried a hard reset, and checked the fuses, everything is fine. The lighting on the console flashes randomly as well. I searched the recalls and havent found anything that covers this and i haven't been able to find any information on it. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but i was curious if this has happened to anyone else or if there is a simple fix . Thanks!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:02 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read about a recall last week but can't remember exactly what the problem was. I jsut remember that it involved the new police cruisers and that there were roughly 10,000 of them that needed something. I'm not to familiar with the whole police interface thing (YET), so hopefully the dealer will find it out. Please let us know what happens because we all need to be taught about the new police cruisers.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Jeremy71655
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definately will. This unit is so new, that we hadnt even installed any Lights or any electronics that would interfere with anything factory. When I say interface, I am merely speaking of the radio screen where you can control the climate and other adjustments. Other than some slightg performance upgrades, I am pretty sure that the police package is the same as the consumer package. I am dropping it off this morning and will post as I find out more. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:11 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy71655
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My department has purchased a 2012 police package charger. It has less than 500 miles on it and this User Interface/ radio has stopped working. The screen went blank and will not respond. I have tried a hard reset, and checked the fuses, everything is fine. The lighting on the console flashes randomly as well. I searched the recalls and havent found anything that covers this and i haven't been able to find any information on it. I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but i was curious if this has happened to anyone else or if there is a simple fix . Thanks!
Jeremy,

I could find no recall or TSB's regarding this issue. There is one for the lights on screen being to bright but not for the issue as you described.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
BCP Service
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, had a cruiser last week, Center stack went blank after sitting anywhere from 30 minutes up. Screen was unresponsive after starting vehicle. Initially we thought was interface module under radio, but after research, we replaced the TGW (Telamatics Gateway)as suggested by engineering. Vehicle has not returned w/ same concern. There is an upgrade for a condition wherein you get in and the radio is at top volumn (if built before July 25, 2011), this will not repair "unresponsive" units though ..

Quick Reply: 2012 police User interface failure