Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Diesel Ram Out Drags SRT8 Jeep

Old 02-02-2012, 07:38 PM
DodgeForum Editor
DF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Ram Out Drags SRT8 Jeep

A three second head start couldn't save this SRT8 from the beastly speed of the oil-burning Ram. Imagine looking in your rear-view and seeing nothing but red and smoke. Pretty freaking sweet.

https://dodgeforum.com/articles/2012...eps-lunch.html

Old 02-07-2012, 08:51 PM
blackskyracing
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

diesel is the only option in my book for a weekend warrior vehicle. Stupid power without hurting fuel economy is just a no brainer. I may be a little biased though since I own a twin turbo cummins ram lol

Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 AM
fourballrunner

Bandimere Raceway sits at 5,800 feet above sea level. Normally-aspirated engines are down over 15% in power, but forced-induction powerplants, diesels included, suffer far less ill effects. Not that this would have saved the Jeep SRT8.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:33 PM
blackskyracing
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fourballrunner
Bandimere Raceway sits at 5,800 feet above sea level. Normally-aspirated engines are down over 15% in power, but forced-induction powerplants, diesels included, suffer far less ill effects. Not that this would have saved the Jeep SRT8.
True, but have you ever tried to light a turbo, or a set of compounds for that matter, at that elevation? It's a whole different ball game to say the least. Still, I agree that being closer to sea level might not have helped the SRT8 much lol

Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
bleachcola
Rookie

diesel ftw,
not surprised at all, srt8 is just a badge and a lil bigger engine, I smoked a few in my dually ford.

dodge rams with the viper motor are kinda funny, becuase any 99+ dodge diesel truck with a few hundred dollars of work will have more torque, and with a few more grand it can have more hp and way more tq, while having 4x4 if you choose.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Matt_Scofield

gotta love the power of a cummins...

Old 06-10-2012, 09:42 AM
MichealEmeka

Well i posted this Q in the 2012 section but didnt get any feedback. Figured you guys have had your trucks the longest and know more. Ive seen alotta guys use the oem srt8 manifolds on their trucks. Will or has anyone tried to install the obx longtubes? Their only like $550 im very timpted to try em. Im not paying 1500 for arh. just not worth it imo and i dont want shorties.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diesel Ram Out Drags SRT8 Jeep