Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

help with body control module

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 04:08 PM
dogin fathers ramindaughters
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with body control module

Can any one tell me what all a bcm controls I have problems with my dash lights and door locks and the rear wing windows not wanting to work. Also my overhead console is not working right would the bcm control that also? It is a 97 grand caravan with 3.8L . Thanks for any and all help.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the BCM has a hand in controlling all of those systems on a 97GC. Try removing the IOD fuse in the fuse box (PDC) by the battery for 2-3 minutes. This will reset the BCM and it's data bus and maybe some or all of your problems. The BCM is mounted to the junction block (interior fuse panel).

Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 PM
dogin fathers ramindaughters
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would unhooking the battery do the same thing I just had the transmission rebuilt about 2 months ago and that is when my over head console problem started when I hooked the battery back up when I was done putting tranny back in. The rest of the problems I have had for a while. I have replaced the light swich in it once to fix my dash lights (that's what I got told from some people) and that fixed them for a while but now no dash lights again.

Quick Reply: help with body control module