Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

06 tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Brian in PA
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 tuner

I have been doing a lot of research on a tuner for my truck. I have an 06 auto 1 ton 4X4 quad cab. I tow a 12000# fifth wheel camper. I want to get better MPG and more towing power, but I don't want to jeopardize drive line reliability. it seems that the Banks Econo-mind is the best for this. Any opinions?

Thanks!

Brian

Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

before you put any tuner on there, upgrade the transmission. get yourself some gauges (trans temp, boost, EGT, rail pressure), ditch the EGR and DPF if you can get away with it where you live, get a good lift pump (raptor airdog or fass 100GPH or higher) and then you might look into a smarty programmer (its the best for a common rail truck)

I'm not very experienced in common rail trucks, but I do know the smarty is top dog in the programmer field for your truck...check out cumminsforum.com and do some reading. that is by far the best and most informative site for anything you could ever possibly want to know about your truck. plenty of helpful guys and sponsors on there.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:28 AM
firemedic345

Brian I am with Jigabop if your going to go programmer go SMARTY!! Got one for my truck and love it. Top dog in the common rail. But do put the gauges on prior anymore upgrades.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys nailed it!!! smarty is the only way to go, but gauges are a must first thing, and if you have the self control to keep the smarty turned down to a safe limit, the trans "might" servive, but always a good idea to upgrade, i love my smarty, but the HP is addictive

Old 06-06-2012, 01:43 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Run from Banks over priced products an buy a Smarty Jr its all you will need unless later you want to make big power then buying a Smarty S-06 would be the way to go.

Quick Reply: 06 tuner