Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

6 speed shift points?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 12:35 AM
kowsoc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 speed shift points?

I have a 2008 Grand Caravan and wondered if there is any way to adjust shift points. Mine are too high under light to moderate throttle....goes to 3000-3500 before shifting. I think it should be more like 2000-2500 for that much load. Older vehicles had the cable that would adjust shifts somewhat but on this van not sure. I think the throttle is drive by wire so how is the trans getting it's info on throttle position? Is there a separate module to control the trans or is it all done with the PCM? Any info would be appreciated.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:57 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

The PCM/TCM makes all the shift update for the 62TE transmission.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:24 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well... there are some software updates to "improve" Shift pattern according to chrysler. And I believe software update on PCM should be covered under 8-80k emmision waranty or Powertrain waranty. check with your dealer on this.
But I highly doubt it will fix your concern.

there is really not much you can do about this other than live with it, or buy another car.
And Unfortuately, I am not aware of any aftermarket Tuners are made for Minivans. Unless Dodge decides to make a SRT Caravan in the future.

Last edited by steak59; 06-17-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: 6 speed shift points?