Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Dodge Charger Engine light blinks and beeps when I hit the brake

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 06:38 PM
dodgechar06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Charger Engine light blinks and beeps when I hit the brake

I have a 2006 dodge charger 2.7L and every time I hit the brakes or idle the engine light blinks and the car beeps. once I step on the gas it stops and when I press on the brakes the engine light blinks and the car beeps again. This also happens when the car is idle. Everything else works just fine on the car.
Please can anyone help or has anyone ever experienced this?

Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

get the CEL check out and post us the Code, then we can help you further.
You can do that by going to Autozone, they do it for free, or do the Key dance.
"turn key to Off, ON, Off, ON, Off, ON" without engine running. code should display in ur Odometer. Just write it all down.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:39 PM
dodgechar06

Thank you I will do just that.......

Old 06-18-2012, 11:03 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgechar06
I have a 2006 dodge charger 2.7L and every time I hit the brakes or idle the engine light blinks and the car beeps. once I step on the gas it stops and when I press on the brakes the engine light blinks and the car beeps again. This also happens when the car is idle. Everything else works just fine on the car.

Are all your brake lights working?

Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 PM
dodgechar06

Yes my brake lights are working...And sorry I made a mistake on my original post, the oil light blinks intermittently not the Engine light. And this only happens when I press the brakes or when the car is on idle. Once I start moving it stops.....I tried to get codes but they couldn't because it was the oil light and not the check engine light......

Old 06-19-2012, 03:35 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes my brake lights are working...And sorry I made a mistake on my original post, the oil light blinks intermittently not the Engine light. And this only happens when I press the brakes or when the car is on idle. Once I start moving it stops.....I tried to get codes but they couldn't because it was the oil light and not the check engine light......

You need to get the oil pressure checked on your engine ASAP. Hopefully it could just be the sensor, but if your sensor is good and the oil pressure is dropping too low that could do major damage to your engine.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

stupid things to check, what's the oil level?
Also, when is your last oil change? go get one too. on the 2.7L, you have to do oil change religiously at 3-5k, or else the sludge monster will eat your engine.

or maybe you just need a oil pressure sensor as Dodgecare mentioned.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
htate1

I have this same issue but dealership cannot relate to what I am saying. I have been told to bring it in when it does that but of course it never occurs when I am in the vicinity or either it happens when they are closed.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:28 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Do either of you have the optional EVIC system? You can retrieve oil pressure status while driving.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Android84
Exclamation

Originally Posted by DodgeCares

You need to get the oil pressure checked on your engine ASAP. Hopefully it could just be the sensor, but if your sensor is good and the oil pressure is dropping too low that could do major damage to your engine.
Hi Dodgechar06!

Did you found the problem? I think I have the same issue with my car and just start yesterday with it any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger Engine light blinks and beeps when I hit the brake