2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

P0700 and P0750 on '06 4.7L with 545RFE

Old 07-02-2012, 12:10 PM
dpkieffer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0700 and P0750 on '06 4.7L with 545RFE

Hi all,

I have a 2006 Durango with a 4.7L and the RFE transmission. The transmission went into limp home mode for the wife on Friday (stuck in third).

Most of the consensus online I've seen is that the P0750 (faulty shift solenoid A) points to replacing the shift solenoid pack in the transmission.

Is there anything else that could cause this fault that I should check before dropping the pan?

Thanks

Old 07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dpkieffer
Hi all,

I have a 2006 Durango with a 4.7L and the RFE transmission. The transmission went into limp home mode for the wife on Friday (stuck in third).

Most of the consensus online I've seen is that the P0750 (faulty shift solenoid A) points to replacing the shift solenoid pack in the transmission.

Is there anything else that could cause this fault that I should check before dropping the pan?

Thanks
DP,

Full definition of code and possible causes.

P0750-LR SOLENOID CIRCUIT

Theory of Operation

The Transmission Control System uses six electronically controlled solenoids that allow hydraulic fluid to be applied to various friction elements (clutches), which enables the gear requested. The continuity of each solenoid circuit is periodically tested. Each inactive solenoid is turned on for a few milliseconds, then off. Each active solenoid is turned off for a few milliseconds, then on. This pulsing of voltage to the solenoid causes an inductive spike which can be sensed by the Transmission Control System. If an inductive spike is not sensed by the Transmission Control System during the continuity check, it is tested again. If the test fails three consecutive times, the appropriate Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is set. If the solenoid test is run in response to a gear ratio or pressure switch error, one failure will result in setting the appropriate DTC.
  • When Monitored: Initially at power-up, then every 10 seconds thereafter. The solenoid circuits will also be tested immediately after a gear ratio or pressure switch error is detected.
  • Set Condition: After three consecutive solenoid continuity test failures, or one failure if test is run in response to a gear ratio or pressure switch error.

• NOTE:This DTC is strictly an electrical fault and cannot be caused by any internal transmission failure other than an open in the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly. If the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly is in need of replacement — do not replace the Valve Body.
Possible Causes

RELATED TCM POWER INPUT DTCS PRESENT
(T20) L/R SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO OTHER CIRCUITS
(T20) L/R SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
(T20) L/R SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/TRS ASSEMBLY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Last edited by DodgeCares; 07-02-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

If you need i have a pdf file to perform the test procedure for P0750 code.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:35 PM
dpkieffer

Thanks for the replies. I changed out the TRS/solenoid pack today which fixed the problem.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:06 AM
Ed Johns

Originally Posted by dpkieffer
Thanks for the replies. I changed out the TRS/solenoid pack today which fixed the problem.
I'm having the same issue on my 2006 dodge ram. When we drove it and plugged in the scan tool. The scanner showed the vehicle in neutral no matter what gear I selected. Would this be caused by the same problem. I was debating on replacing the Solenoid pack but got worried when I saw the vehicle did not k ow what gear I was in? What is the trs and what does that entail to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to just throw money at it until I find a fix. Thanks

Old 02-27-2015, 12:34 PM
mellomike
Default Shift solenoid

I have the same problem trans. Stuck in 3rd got a p0750 changed the solenoid pack so it shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd but not in overdrive so now the check engine light back on and stuck in 3rd again but if i reset it it shift the gears but not into overdrive could someone please help

Old 02-27-2015, 03:35 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

mellomike,

Do you also have a 2006 Durango 4.7L? Are there any other codes present and are your fluid levels good?

Old 02-28-2015, 09:21 PM
mellomike

Yes the only code is p0750 I changed the filter and fluid 1st that didn't work so I changed the shift solenoid pack after I changed the pack my truck started shifting all gears Up to overdrive so now it wont go in overdrive but I still have a p0750 code

Old 12-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Dodgerookie4
Default If you still have the pdf file on testing things on the 45rfe

I would love to have the pdf file if you still have it. I have an 04 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 hemi 87k miles: I bought it a few weeks ago and it runs great but keeps throwing a code p0700, 0841, 0740,0750 and forcing it to limp mode. Sometimes it reset on restart and shifts great. I believe my problem to be electronic. I changed solenoid pack, line psi sensor, input and output sensors. Starting to think its a bad solenoid pack from the dealership. Any help would be great.QUOTE=master tech;2817905]If you need i have a pdf file to perform the test procedure for P0750 code.[/QUOTE]

Old 05-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Matthew Guilbault

I'm having the same issue and just ordered input and output speed sensors and a governor pressure sensor. I'm reading about solenoid pack replacements and accumulator problems necessitating the installation of a shift pack with a thicker accumulator plate. Haven't dropped the throttle body yet, but I'm hoping to work my way through this with the P0700 codes for improper third and fourth gears. Seems like a lot of people have had and fixed this issue and it's been one of the above? Any thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0700 and P0750 on '06 4.7L with 545RFE