2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rebuilt RWAL valve

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 02:32 PM
turbogrampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rebuilt RWAL valve

Anyone know where I can get a rebuilt RWAL valve for my 96 2500 4x4.Code is blinking 2 on the ABS box and I have tried two used from the bone yard with no luck.Truck only has rear brakes in a panic stop.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't looked at the actual code for this and I'm sure others have had some similar experiences with the awesome ABS in our trucks, but are you sure its the valve? Bunch of other things can throw ABS code (e.g., speed sensor in rear diff).

Old 07-31-2012, 03:04 PM
billcart
Professional

RWAL sensor in the diff is problematic at times. Do you have 4 wheel or two wheel antilock? Easy way to tell is check the front brakes to see if you have wires going there. If so it is 4 wheel. If not then you have 2 wheel. Another thing to check is the brake pedal switch. If you have 4 wheel antilock then check the wires in the front for damage.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
turbogrampa

I have ONLY rear wheel ABS.I also have the factory repair manual and ran all the diag. and came up with this noaccount valve.
This is a 96 2500 4x4 with all new calipers discs,brake shoes and wheel cyl. as well as a new speed sensor in the rear and a new master cyl. Not much else left.
Also ckd. voltage off the sensor @factory specs,replaced Abs Controller,bleed the whole system with no luck. Then had the system power bled just to make sure,no help!~!

Last edited by turbogrampa; 07-31-2012 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Add content.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:21 PM
billcart
Professional

Try putting on the old controller and disconnecting the battery for awhile and then reconnecting it. If that doesn't work then put the new back on take it to the dealership and verify that the system is working and doesn't need to be reprogrammed.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:34 PM
turbogrampa

BillCart Thanks . That is a new take on the problem.I will try the exchange and see what happens.As for the dealer I don't know.They usually sock me a pretty penny to do anything.

Quick Reply: Rebuilt RWAL valve