Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 Stratus SE 2.4L - Door Lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 12:04 AM
dodgemramem
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Stratus SE 2.4L - Door Lock issues

The door locks on my 01 stratus are not working properly. I have an aftermarket keyless entry/remote start installed. In the past everything worked just fine. However, as of late, the door lock switch on the driver and passenger doors will not lock the doors. They unlock just fine. But, no locking. The key fob does the same. The lights flash when I push the lock button, i hear the keyless entry main unit click over but no action from the car. The locks don't "fire".

Every now and then the locks will react to the door switch and the key fob. However, they only go about half way.

I was just curious if this was a problem with a fuse or with the alternator/battery. If anyone has any input it would be most appreciated.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:07 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by dodgemramem
The door locks on my 01 stratus are not working properly. I have an aftermarket keyless entry/remote start installed. In the past everything worked just fine. However, as of late, the door lock switch on the driver and passenger doors will not lock the doors. They unlock just fine. But, no locking. The key fob does the same. The lights flash when I push the lock button, i hear the keyless entry main unit click over but no action from the car. The locks don't "fire".

Every now and then the locks will react to the door switch and the key fob. However, they only go about half way.

I was just curious if this was a problem with a fuse or with the alternator/battery. If anyone has any input it would be most appreciated.
Sounds like the actuator attached to the lock isn't working. You should be able to replace it with little trouble once you get the door panel off. Sometimes it's easier to pull or push and not go the other direction. Probably works best when cold.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 AM
dodgemramem

Ok, thanks for the input. I will look into the actuators.

Would this be the case with all four doors? I wouldn't put it past the ol girl to lose all actuators at once, but its unlikely.

Again thanks for the prompt reply.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:51 AM
steadychillin

I have the exact same car and exact same prob..
again 2001 Stratus SE 2.4
Unlocks everytime for FOB or either door lock button..
Almost never locks from any input but can hear a rely click inside the fuseblock..
Occasionally I do notice it will lock as I speed up and even sometimes when I use the lock switch..
If anybody can provide a wire diagram for the locks it would help me pinpoint the prob.. I don't think it's an actuator prob, I doubt they all failed together and clearly the input to the fuse block or BCM is consistent. Maybe it's a bad intigrated relay in the fuse block or a common output circut wire or connector...

Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM
FrankTA2
Amateur
Default How to replace an lock actuator video for Stratus

Quick Reply: 2001 Stratus SE 2.4L - Door Lock issues