2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

04 intrepid valve body / solenoid pack trouble

Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 AM
montyace
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 intrepid valve body / solenoid pack trouble

I have a fairly common problem with the trans going into limp mode upon down shift and sometime on up shift. I have changed fluid and filter ATF4, input and output speed sensors, checked and ran new grounds, still nothing. Parts store says P1776 is solenoid valve stuck, dealer trans scan says the valve body is bad. Do I just change valve body or go for solenoid pack as well since it is on top of valve body? Any links to the procedure, hints, tips? Thanks

Old 10-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Benjamins_2002
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by montyace
I have a fairly common problem with the trans going into limp mode upon down shift and sometime on up shift. I have changed fluid and filter ATF4, input and output speed sensors, checked and ran new grounds, still nothing. Parts store says P1776 is solenoid valve stuck, dealer trans scan says the valve body is bad. Do I just change valve body or go for solenoid pack as well since it is on top of valve body? Any links to the procedure, hints, tips? Thanks
I was in limp mode, and ended up changing silinoid pack. Since then it's been running great.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 intrepid valve body / solenoid pack trouble