Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Is paint code PRH the same as PEL?

Old 09-17-2005, 01:49 AM
Arebee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is paint code PRH the same as PEL?

I went to the dealer to get a bottle of PRH to match my Inferno Red Crystal Clearcoat and he gave me PEL which is Inferno Red Tinted Clearcoat.

Didn't realize it until I got home. I know they sometimes change codes from year to year. I don't want to open it if it is not the right stuff.

Is this the same stuff or should I take it back?

Old 09-17-2005, 07:25 PM
65standard
All Star
Default RE: Is paint code PRH the same as PEL?

dodge had an inferno red on their truck a few years ago, and it was a different looking red. same name, different color. go back and tell them the year inferno red you have. i would trust the paint codes and guess that you have the older inferno red in your hands.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Arebee

Thanks Tony,

That's exactly what I was looking for. Confirmation that there were two different colors.

I'll bring it back.

Thanks again.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

Make them give you the one with the code that matches the one on your drivers door, no matter what the name is or what they say. I just did some parts for a Magnum and they matched perfectly.

Also remember, when you do touch it up....it will NOT match unless you also put some clear over the touchup paint...For chips and small scratches, clear fingernail polish is fine. Most people dont know that fingernail polish is laquer paint with perfume added to smell good. And it also has its own little brush in the bottle. Some scratches that are only in clearcoat can be erased by brushing in JUST the clear and no paint is needed at all. Back in the 60's I custom painted 'pearlecent' colors buy buying a gallon of fingernail polish and if you werent knowlegable, no one had a clue how you painted it and got that effect.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Arebee

ORIGINAL: strippedhemi

Also remember, when you do touch it up....it will NOT match unless you also put some clear over the touchup paint...For chips and small scratches, clear fingernail polish is fine. Most people dont know that fingernail polish is laquer paint with perfume added to smell good. And it also has its own little brush in the bottle.
Thanks for the tip. with three hens in the house I just might be able to find some clear fingernail polish!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is paint code PRH the same as PEL?