2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Transmission Solenoid Pack Help..

Old 10-27-2012, 06:02 PM
elacesar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Solenoid Pack Help..

Hello everyone i am having a shifting problem with my truck that has 123000 miles.. I received a P0700 and P2706 code which i was told were pointing towards the solenoids..
I dropped the pan and changed the trans oil and filter.. I thoroughly cleaned everything and made sure that everything was perfect then i refilled it with the proper fluid but there was no change..
I then changed the input and output sensors and it did help the shifting but the codes did not go away.. I was told by a trusted mechanic friend that the solenoid packs on these transmissions were having problems and should be replaced.. I have replaced the brakes, the egr valve, the radiator, the muffler and many other things. Thanks for all of your help..

Old 10-28-2012, 10:41 PM
ndtguy
Rookie

Not sure what is causing your issues. I know on the Stratus, it was the shift solenoid causing the 4~>3 bump shift.

As far as your Durango. What...

Year...
Engine...

I haven't had it go out in our D yet, but I did have to replace the solenoid on the Status. Wasn't that bad.

Rockauto.com was where I got the pack from. It was even a Mopar product and cheaper than getting it from Dodge and the other auto parts stores.

I'm not 100% sure where it is on the D, but now you have me interested looking for it, "just in case"

Old 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM
MileHighRango
Amateur

Mine just pulled a P0700 code last weekend, rather than messing with the transmission i just picked up an 08 trans with 34k on it, should be in soon. Got the old one out last week!

Old 10-31-2012, 05:04 PM
ndtguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by MileHighRango
Mine just pulled a P0700 code last weekend, rather than messing with the transmission i just picked up an 08 trans with 34k on it, should be in soon. Got the old one out last week!
Why would you get a new transmission? All you have to do is swap a part on the outside of the transmission. Rockauto.com has the parts for less then 100.00 shipped to the door. I can't imagine it being to hard to swap parts. There is a lot of room around the transmission to work.

How much did that transmission cost you?

Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 PM
MileHighRango
Amateur

Originally Posted by ndtguy
Why would you get a new transmission? All you have to do is swap a part on the outside of the transmission. Rockauto.com has the parts for less then 100.00 shipped to the door. I can't imagine it being to hard to swap parts. There is a lot of room around the transmission to work.

How much did that transmission cost you?
I picked up an 08 transmission for $400 with the transfer-case. So it was worth it to replace the one with 152k on it for one with 34k, plus i picked up an 2WD transfer-case. Though i can tell you from experience that there is very little room around the trans, and don't try to pull the transmission out the bottom...it doesn't fit.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 PM
ndtguy
Rookie

Originally Posted by MileHighRango
I picked up an 08 transmission for $400 with the transfer-case. So it was worth it to replace the one with 152k on it for one with 34k, plus i picked up an 2WD transfer-case. Though i can tell you from experience that there is very little room around the trans, and don't try to pull the transmission out the bottom...it doesn't fit.
400 for the trans/transfer-case is a good deal.

Don't pull the trans out of the bottom...so did you take it out through the floor board? If you think that there is very little room around the transmission, you've never worked on an LT1/LS1 Fbody or Vette.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission Solenoid Pack Help..