Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Headlight electrical wiring diagrams 2011,2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Tsukasa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight electrical wiring diagrams 2011,2012

Hi there im looking for the electrical diagrams for the headlight,im trying to modified a client car,he wants the headlight allways on when he start the car,like if you would let the night lighting on but without letting the switch at on.Its just some by passing stuff,probably to the bcm.

Sorry if my english is a little hard to understand im french so im trying my best thank you !

Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your looking to add daytime running lights (like for Canada), it can be added at a dealer with a scan tool.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Tsukasa

not the daylight,daylight is just the headlight on,i want everything on,i want to tap a relay on the ignition,so when the car is started every lights are on like when you turn your light on at night,but i need the wiring to know whitch wire is going where.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Tizzy1
Champion

There is no relay. The lamps are fed internally from the tipm. The ignition switch is just an input to the tipm to let it know to power everything up. It is going to be pretty difficult to accomplish that.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

well im not exactly sure of the out and in's but i know that seems everything that this car has needs a scan tool lol. But what if he does this. lets say he takes direct battery power to a relay then finds said wiring to each head light. splices it into that. then finds signal from the key on and powers relay, saying this hopefully no back feed that cause issues with the tpm and such even if he does it thru normally open and normally closed contacts so no back feeding.

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
There is no relay. The lamps are fed internally from the tipm. The ignition switch is just an input to the tipm to let it know to power everything up. It is going to be pretty difficult to accomplish that.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Tsukasa

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
well im not exactly sure of the out and in's but i know that seems everything that this car has needs a scan tool lol. But what if he does this. lets say he takes direct battery power to a relay then finds said wiring to each head light. splices it into that. then finds signal from the key on and powers relay, saying this hopefully no back feed that cause issues with the tpm and such even if he does it thru normally open and normally closed contacts so no back feeding.

Exactly what i want to do !!! But its look like i cant find the service manuel in pdf.does someone know where i could find it ?

Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Tizzy1
Champion

That is the problem, it will backfeed into the tipm. It will go crazy trying to shut the lamps off, setting short to positive codes. Side effects could be very bad.

The service wiring diagrams are hard to find even for dealer techs. They are handled by an online place and aren't very good. I can tell you some information and that's about as good as I can do.

The front lighting comes from the TIPM C3 connector. It is a 26 pin connector with 3 rows of terminals. Left low beam feed is pin 3, it is white with a dark blue tracer. The left high beam is pin 10 and is white with a light green tracer. The left park lamp is pin 20 and is white with a brown tracer. The right low beam is pin 11 and is white with a tan tracer. The right high beam is pin 19 and is white with a gray tracer. The right park lamp feed is pin 12 and is white with an orange tracer.

Good luck

Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Tsukasa

Thanks a lot for the info !!!!

Old 11-16-2012, 10:15 PM
kingofwylietx
Professional

What about running a relay off a circuit that is always energized (ex: key switched accessory plug) when the vehicle is started? Use it to close the circuit of the stock headlight switch when the vehicle is on.

It would be removable, simple, and reversible. Much easier than doing all that wiring, plus all the wires you need to access are in the cabin and pretty close to each other.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Tizzy1
Champion

headlamp switch is a multiplex switch input to the BCM which sends a signal to the FCM to turn the lamps on. Nothing is as simple as it seems anymore.

Quick Reply: Headlight electrical wiring diagrams 2011,2012