Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

cigarette lighter / power outlet probs

Old 03-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Crump
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cigarette lighter / power outlet probs

This problem is really frustrating me. I have looked through this forum via search and still can not find a solution.

The cig lighter on my 2002 dodge stratus sedan stopped working. I used a cheap cell phone charger in it, which eventually caused it to die. Then, in a stupid move, I used that same charger in my wifes tibureon. That also disabled her lighter... however hers was an easy fix as it blew a fuse.

Now, back to my stratus. The owners manual says the lighter is attached to fuse #8. That fuse also runs the radio amp and horn. That fuse is fine and those other items work fine (replaced the fuse and same thing... horn+radio amp, but no lighter). I went to the auto store and bought a replacement lighter receptacle. Attached the ground and power to it, and still not working... so returned the replacement to the auto store.

Now I am at a loss for what is wrong. Please help me!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 AM
evoclarke

I am having the same problem....

Old 11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
ratsttam
Captain

Check ALL the fuses in the inside panel. It may not be the same one as listed.
There is also the possibility that there is an in-line fuse somewhere inside the wire harness.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:51 PM
rv_spoon
Default cigarette lighter/power outlet

We have the same problem with our '04 stratus, horn works, fuse #8 all fuses seem to have power. Is there a wiring schematic for this? I have the haynes and cannot locate anything to assist with the repair. HELP!

Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 PM
BillS
Captain

check fuse #2 in power distibution box ,the fuse box under the hoodi don't know if diagram will work right but here it is cigarette lighter / power outlet probs-108874377.jpg

Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 AM
rv_spoon
Smile

Originally Posted by BillS
check fuse #2 in power distibution box ,the fuse box under the hoodi don't know if diagram will work right but here it isAttachment 17698

It worked! You are wonderful. Thank you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cigarette lighter / power outlet probs