2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

'04 5.7L Durango TPMS Light

Old 12-16-2010, 01:44 AM
fr0gster
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 5.7L Durango TPMS Light

Recently I killed my battery leaving my inverter plugged in over the weekend. After jump starting my Durango the Tire Pressure Monitor System Light in the instrument cluster has come on and not gone off.

Now I've called the dealer to confirm that I don't have TPMS (as I suspected) by checking the vin for options as the vehicle shipped and they want to charge me a $75 diagnostic fee. I have 170,000 miles on this baby and frankly it runs great with *edit* (without) problems. I suspect that the PCM is in need of replacement but the dealer says this could run something like $800 bones.

Any insight?

Last edited by fr0gster; 02-07-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:28 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frog:

Before you do anything, try a battery disconnect reset. Remove the negative cable from the battery, and then depress the brake pedal for a minute or so.

Reconnect and fire it up. Hopefully light will be off.

Don

Old 02-07-2011, 11:24 PM
fr0gster
Rookie

Yep next step! I'll let you know the outcome.

Originally Posted by n8ech
Frog:

Before you do anything, try a battery disconnect reset. Remove the negative cable from the battery, and then depress the brake pedal for a minute or so.

Reconnect and fire it up. Hopefully light will be off.

Don

Old 02-13-2011, 07:37 PM
cgng25
Default '04 5.7L Durango TPMS Light

Any luck resolving this? I have the same issue after connecting a battery charger to the dead battery.

Also my AWD lights also come on even though I do not have AWD.

I tried a number of ways to reset the ECU with no luck.

Thanks,
Jeff
'04 Hemi Durango Limited 2WD

Old 02-14-2011, 01:51 PM
fr0gster
Rookie

Unfortunately no. I have tried what Don suggested though. I'll post any updates if I'm able to resolve the issue.

Originally Posted by cgng25
Any luck resolving this? I have the same issue after connecting a battery charger to the dead battery.

Also my AWD lights also come on even though I do not have AWD.

I tried a number of ways to reset the ECU with no luck.

Thanks,
Jeff
'04 Hemi Durango Limited 2WD

Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 AM
rojawajr
Default Tpms

Just checking to see if you were able to fix this issue. I have the same problem after a battery change. Near as I can figure it is caused by using the 2008 Instrument Cluster in the models affected by the instrument cluster recall. My car had this recall completed and was working fine. I suspect that one of the computers needs to be reflashed at the dealer, but would like to confirm which one.

In addition to that light I also got the rear liftgate light that comes on when the liftgate is closed. I can make that light go out by opening and closing the liftgate again.

I believe both problems are related to the battery replacement. I don't think that just replacing the battery causes the problem, but rather the low battery attempted start. When the battery was low I got all kinds of bells and lights. I replaced the battery and ended up with the two above issues.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 AM
steevireno

Has anyone figured this out? I too am plagued by the same "Cargo Lamp" indicator lamp and tpms light issue. My issue extends slight further as I seemed to notice that if I don't close the hatch twice to disable the lamp light, my battery goes dead in a couple of hours. I have replaced the battery several times and used a multi-meter to test the load after shut down and see only a 50ma draw.

My D also had the instrument cluster recall done.

I saw on another post there are TSB's associated with both the indicator and tpms issues, but the post was old and the documents no longer accessible.
Steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '04 5.7L Durango TPMS Light