Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

CD Player Error?

Old 12-23-2012, 03:50 PM
kaybird
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy CD Player Error?

I just got a 2005 Neon for my birthday and Christmas. I got it in June. A month later on my birthday, someone tried to steal it. When I took my car in to be "unlocked", the mechanics had to go through the hood of the car to do it. Everything was fixed and after that, my car was up and running again like new. A little while after all of this happened, my CD player wasn't acting properly. When I would put a CD in, I would get "ERR" on the display. I would take the CD out and put it in again and sometimes it would play. I know that it's cold now so the car needs to warm up but it still does the same thing. When I got the car when it was hot, the same thing happened after the almost theft. So, my question is, am I getting the ERR message because of what the person who tried to steal my car may have done to the wiring possibly or is it just the CD player itself?

Old 12-23-2012, 08:45 PM
harleyrules

Are you using a burned CD in your CD Player? If so, it will not work properly most of the time. If you read your owners manual it will address home burned CDs.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:35 AM
kaybird

Originally Posted by harleyrules
Are you using a burned CD in your CD Player? If so, it will not work properly most of the time. If you read your owners manual it will address home burned CDs.

It was playing burned CDs just fine before but it's not playing real CDs either

Old 01-06-2013, 12:56 AM
kaybird

My CD player is working just fine now but I'm still looking into getting a new one

Old 01-22-2013, 05:26 PM
willweber23

you could also try using a cleaning disc in it, could possibly be the eye is dirty !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD Player Error?