Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 caravan in limp mode

Old 02-17-2011, 01:36 PM
unclenuggy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 caravan in limp mode

my 2003 caravan is in limp mode, took it to tranny shop and he said wiring problem, have gauges and speedometer, noticed when i turn the key on i have no power at my eatx relay, does anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram of the ipm and the wiring from the ipm to the tcm and pcm, thanks

Old 02-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure what all you need, did you check for codes or did the shop tell you what code you have. Here's the etax relay diagram.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Old 02-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Old 02-17-2011, 05:06 PM
unclenuggy
Default thanks

that should get me going, they had a ton of codes, one coad was low voltage, they said to many to think it was just one problem, so they said it was a wiring issue, i have my speedo, odom, and shift lights all work normal, have only power going to 87 on the relay, so relay not turning on, it is just like you took the relay out and tried to drive down the road,

Last edited by unclenuggy; 02-17-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:40 PM
unclenuggy

problem solved, it was the yl / or wire coming out of the ipm, it had a bad spot was easy to find with the wiring diagrams, thanks again

Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 PM
TomCatinNC
Default Wire problem resolved

I know this thread is older but I just used it to fix a friends Caravan. I would like to say thanks to Tizzy1 for all the info. The caravan was in limp mode with code P0700. After talking to people he changed TCM, Input and Output sensors and the solenoid valve. Nothing changed it, after reviewing this post started checking all the wiring. Problem ended up the EATX Relay was not getting a ground. We ran a ground wire to it and problem was solved. Without this post we probably would still be scratching our heads.

The relay ground (pin 85) was not grounding, ran a wire from battery to the pin on the relay and put it back in. Will tie it back into the plug later.

Thanks for all the info and hope my results may help someone else in the future.

TomCatinNC

Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM
TomCatinNC

In my previous post I said I was going to tie the new ground into the plug, that can't happen. The actual problem is in the box the relay plugs into (ipm). I had continuity on the original ground from the plug (black with Orange stripe). I did not have it from the ipm's pin to the socket where the relay plugged in. I hope this clarifies it better.

Tom

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 caravan in limp mode