Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 Valve Cover gormment for the bolts????

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:32 PM
armaniEfiftyfive
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2000 Valve Cover gormment for the bolts????

Where can I buy this? My mechanic friend stopped by and said I should really replace the bolt gormment to the valve cover as this is where it would also leak. But I haven't had any luck on finding it a local pep boys, advanced our autozone.

Anyone?

2000 Dodge Status

Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 PM
armaniEfiftyfive
Amateur

Bolt attached.

Originally Posted by armaniEfiftyfive
Where can I buy this? My mechanic friend stopped by and said I should really replace the bolt gormment to the valve cover as this is where it would also leak. But I haven't had any luck on finding it a local pep boys, advanced our autozone.

Anyone?

2000 Dodge Status

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Valve Cover gormment for the bolts????-capture.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 05:46 PM
BillS
Captain

most likely have to go to dealer to find it,you might check home depot, lowes,or tractor supply if you have one(some have good selections of grommets,washers etc.)

Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 AM
armaniEfiftyfive
Amateur

Hmm... ok do you really think I need to change them? They kinda look good to me.

I would just hate to repeat the job. Right now it's taken apart and waiting for me to get the grommets. (winter car) and a great low maintenance car. DD is a (E55)

Originally Posted by BillS
most likely have to go to dealer to find it,you might check home depot, lowes,or tractor supply if you have one(some have good selections of grommets,washers etc.)

Old 01-15-2013, 12:09 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at the parts manual online it looks like you have to purchase new bolts and the gromet comes with, $1.89 each

Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 PM
armaniEfiftyfive
Amateur

Thank you. I checked the bolts after putting it all together and it doesn't appear to be leaking through the inner bolts. Ill keep an eye on it. If not no biggie Ill grab the bolts at the dealer.

Car has been really reliable in the New England winter months. Purrs like kitten with the new plugs.

140k and going strong.

Originally Posted by bad venge
Looking at the parts manual online it looks like you have to purchase new bolts and the gromet comes with, $1.89 each

Quick Reply: 2000 Valve Cover gormment for the bolts????