4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:51 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Flat Load Floor in 2012 Crew Cab

Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 PM
KingReiner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat Load Floor in 2012 Crew Cab

I recently purchased a 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab. I was hoping I could get some advice regarding how to create a flat floor. I am working on creating a flat floor for my 90lb german shepard for long trips.

I know that there is a MOPAR flat load cargo floor that can be attached to the rear seats. however with a crew cab - it appears that this floor would not reach the front row seats. Any ideas?

I have no problem creating some from scratch, but I was hoping some folks may have ideas or pictures of thier solutions to help the design process.

Thanks

Old 01-15-2013, 01:30 AM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find someone that has a flat floor option in their truck, copy it, make it longer so that it will come up to your front seats. The guys around here are building flat floors for their crew cabs out of 3/8ths plywood and buying the exact type carpet at walmart to cover them. Cutting the plywood in half and adding hindges so that they`ll fold up and store them under the rear seat just like the OEM flat floors do. Its either that or buy your dog a special blanket and a dog mattress (to put on the seats) for him/her to sit on while in the back seat.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 AM
RAMULAK
Captain

And get a real good vacuum cleaner made for pets......LOL. I know I have owned German Shepards since I was about 10 yo. I would certainly make it all removable just for the sake of cleaning....

BTW how do you keep your dog in the back seat area. Mine simply won't stand for it. Especially when going to the Burger King drive through. Heck he makes the "guests" sit in back......HA!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 AM
oldjeep
Champion

The floor of the bed is already flat

Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by oldjeep
The floor of the bed is already flat
Good thing YOUR dog cant drive, because if he could, he`d likely put YOU in the back of the bed of your truck...lol

Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by RAMULAK
And get a real good vacuum cleaner made for pets......LOL. I know I have owned German Shepards since I was about 10 yo. I would certainly make it all removable just for the sake of cleaning....

BTW how do you keep your dog in the back seat area. Mine simply won't stand for it. Especially when going to the Burger King drive through. Heck he makes the "guests" sit in back......HA!
LOL... i hear ya... i have the optional flat floor in my QC truck, my black lab prefer`s it over the front seat

Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Atomic Dog
Professional

This is why I got a 15 pound boston terrier. He sits/lays on the middle riot seat next to me and has room to move around still!

It would be nice to have a flat floor. LU's idea was what I was envisioning until I read his reply. Kind of a project, but sounds doable with a bit of patience and tweaking.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 PM
topgun
Captain

While just making some kind of longer floor sounds great, the issue you will have is the floor can't be split in just 2 pcs and then fit under the seat. The Quad Cab floor just barely tucks under there. Make it longer to reach the front seatbacks and it will stick out quite a bit past the bottom of the seat when folded. It either has to be tri fold or a flap added onto a quad floor.

I use the Quad Cab floor in my CC from the idea posted on here a long time ago. Works much better than the 2 narrow covers over the storage areas. Especially if you try to haul anything back there.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:55 AM
LU229
Banned

Originally Posted by topgun
While just making some kind of longer floor sounds great, the issue you will have is the floor can't be split in just 2 pcs and then fit under the seat. The Quad Cab floor just barely tucks under there. Make it longer to reach the front seatbacks and it will stick out quite a bit past the bottom of the seat when folded. It either has to be tri fold or a flap added onto a quad floor.

I use the Quad Cab floor in my CC from the idea posted on here a long time ago. Works much better than the 2 narrow covers over the storage areas. Especially if you try to haul anything back there.
The rear seats in the crew cabs are larger than the seats in the quad cabs. (meening more seat under your butt when you sit in them)
So a longer flat floor will work ok. Couple guys here made it work by splitting it into 3 sections and it still folded up nicely under the seats.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 AM
topgun
Captain

Originally Posted by LU229
Couple guys here made it work by splitting it into 3 sections and it still folded up nicely under the seats.
3 sections is Tri Fold which is what I said would work. 2 pc "will" stick out past the seat when folded if long enough to reach the front seat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flat Load Floor in 2012 Crew Cab