Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Dodge Charger keeps shutting off

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:34 PM
g8rgirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Charger keeps shutting off

HELP! i bought my 2006 charger in oct. in feb it started shutting down on me while i was driving. it would immediately come back on. i've had it in the shop four times. the only code i get is 0U100, loss communication to ecm...

the dodge dealership i take it to keeps trying to tell me i need new sparkplugs and ignition coils..they wanted $700. i ordered the parts online and my boyfriend put them on. two days later, the car did it again. has anyone ever heard of this?

should i just replace the whole ecm???

i love this car but it's really starting to baffle me. it's getting worse because when it shuts down now, sometimes it doesn't come back on...

the dealership is trying to dollar me to death!!

Old 06-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Mrwray
Rookie

I replied to ur other post, it sounds like we have almost the same symptoms. I hate this is happening to us but I'm kinda glad tht someone else is experiencing this besides me so we can finally get this diagnosed CORRECTLY! The first dealership tht I took it to told me tht it was the intake, so I had them replace it. 400.00 later the car still did it. Then i was told tht it was the fuel pump, so it was replaced. Another 250.00 later still did it. Then I was told it was the fuel filter... See the pattern here? I've shelled out about a grand on wild goose chases. Even when hooked up to diagnostics I can't seem to get a definite answer on a fixing solution. I totally love my car and have really worked on making it stand out over stock charger R/Ts but the only solution tht I thought I had was to get rid of it.. SO... Hopefully changing out the ECM will fix both our problems. If I hear something definite I will let u know, please do the same for me. If u make the ECM change pretty soon please let me know wat happens. Sometimes I'm not able to get on here so please email me,shawnwray78@yahoo.com..... Good luck

Old 06-19-2011, 10:15 AM
g8rgirl

i hate it too because i've only had my car for 8 months. i've got $500 into it now and it still stalls and fails...

i had a mechanic friend of mine look the car over really good and he's 99% sure that it's the ECM. he took my car to a dealership that he used to work for and they pulled the history of codes and found i also have a transmission controller error...he said it could be something as simple as a frayed wire but there are so many wires it would be almost impossible to check every single one by hand. it can be done but he'd have my car for over a week...

anyway, i called the dealership back with this news and NOW they think it may be the computer...go figure. they finally put a flight recorder on my car for the weekend so it will pin point the exact location of the problem. (hopefully)

i will keep you posted. sometimes i wish i should've just kept my mustang... sigh

Old 06-19-2011, 11:41 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ur car is 06, right? are you willing to pay for the PCM if that IS the problem? and are you OK with ur dealership in terms of customer relation?
these wild goose chase sux... parts are too expensive to guess, but no way to diagnose. Flight recorder is pretty useless. Because all it tells you is the PCM will fall on it's face when it stall, and that doesnt tell u anything.

Also, reman PCM from reputable internet seller are very cheap

Last edited by steak59; 07-13-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:33 PM
g8rgirl

the flight recorder told them the barometric pressure dropped at one point so low that they think it's the MAP sensor. we'll see...

i am willing to pay for an ecm IF they are 100% sure that's the problem.

i just want my car to be fixed, that's all...

Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Neondave6

I also have a 2006 Dodge Charger RT that is starting that is starting to cut off and then comes back on again. Has anyone ever found out for sure what that problem is??
If so please let me know. Dave at. Neonracer6@centurylink.net
Thank for any and all help!

Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Craig Busby

Been there and done that. When local Dealer hooked up the data recorder to my charger, they were not able to define the poblem. I will tell you why our cars do this. What is occuring and how to solve the problem.

1. The car will shut itself off with no indication. ( this only occurred when I was driving in the rain.) I thought maybe the wipers are causing a short? Not the problem. Hmm I thought.. So the dealer and I spent weeks trying to trouble shoot the car. Nothing seemed to work. Until one day it doned on me, that the problem. The ignition stops recognizing the key. So it shuts the car down, no matter where your at, rush hour traffic, mall, wherever. In order to fix this the car will need a new harness for the ignition. Problem solved. It will cost you a few hundred bucks, but you will never have that problem again.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Neondave6

Is the dealer the only place you can get this wire harness for the ignition for the 2006
Dodge charger? Neonracer6

Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 PM
sixfeathers

Not sure.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Neondave6
Is the dealer the only place you can get this wire harness for the ignition for the 2006
Dodge charger? Neonracer6
Neondave,

All parts made by Dodge are sold exclusively through our authorized dealer network. You can look up part information, such as part #'s and prices at the links I've provided for the Mopar websites.

www.mopar.ca
www.mopar.com

I can assure you that our parts are continually evaluated for price competitiveness in their quality category. It is also important to note that retail part prices are set by individual dealers and are based on local market conditions. I would also suggest you confirm with the parts department the compatibility of the part with your vehicle.

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger keeps shutting off