2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

What does everyone do career wise

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Blacknights
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Age is but a number and an annoying one at that.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Deadsquiggles
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carpenter by trade. Got a shipyard job as a carpenter at a painting subcontractor and I've since started painting for them. I'm about to get a job in another shipyard's outside machine shop and hoping to get into the local navy shipyard's apprenticeship. Luckily I'm 19 so I can jump around a little, what with my adultly responsibilities and such 😜

Old 01-08-2014, 05:15 PM
t.storey
Rookie

Originally Posted by Blacknights
That's the weirdest thing in the world, this truck is quite popular with military personnel and law enforcement officers. No insult at all guys, I just find it intriguing. I'd venture to say about half of the owners of Dakotas are either military, law enforcement and college students. Am I the only one that thinks this is the case? I'd say the other major group is tradesman.
in the past alot of dodges have been used for military use, guess its just a carrying tradition

Old 01-08-2014, 05:53 PM
01dak3.9
Veteran

Originally Posted by Blacknights
That's the weirdest thing in the world, this truck is quite popular with military personnel and law enforcement officers. No insult at all guys, I just find it intriguing. I'd venture to say about half of the owners of Dakotas are either military, law enforcement and college students. Am I the only one that thinks this is the case? I'd say the other major group is tradesman.

My grandfather gave me this truck before he died and he was retired Army and I'm in high school.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:54 PM
warrenlevihursh
Amateur

I was in the Air force to. The Hobby shops are nice when you need to use a lift. I now work for the GOV as a 911 dispatcher

Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 AM
2KCharlie

Originally Posted by warrenlevihursh
I was in the Air Force too.
Regular Army here, combat Engineer, back in the early "COLD WAR" (1962- 68).

Old 01-13-2014, 10:08 PM
t.storey
Rookie

Originally Posted by warrenlevihursh
I was in the Air force to. The Hobby shops are nice when you need to use a lift. I now work for the GOV as a 911 dispatcher
a guy i work with was in the air force and he was just talking about the hobby shops the other day. sounds pretty awesome.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:45 PM
SgtCaroUSMC

I'm an aircraft technician for a major airline. Former jarhead for 8 years. 22 years in airline business. Trying to keep my truck running for my two college kids.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:34 PM
djibara
Professional

Im a mechanic we fix anything from weedeaters to one ton lift and boom trucks for a large landscape company . Also was a marine diesel/gas engine mechanic for 15 years before this job

Old 01-17-2014, 07:53 PM
SEPA92Dakota
Professional

I'm doing electrical work with a small electrical contractor right now, got the job in high school when I was 17 through co-op and still have it almost four years later. I'm trying to get a job with a railroad at the moment in my same field.

Quick Reply: What does everyone do career wise