2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

p1391

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 02:57 PM
joshuawalter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p1391

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. i bought my 2001 Dakota 3.9L V6 about a year ago and almost instantly started having problems with it, go most of them fixed however this one ive been working on for a while now and cant seem to find the cause, i have code p1391 intermitent loss of crankshaft or cam position sensor. ive already replaced both sensors and it fixed it for about a week then started acting up again, ive recently also replaced all wires plugs new battery and terminals new distributor cap with rotor and a new idle air control. the strange thing is it seems to be much worse on cold days, if i start the truck let it run for about 30 mins before i start to drive then its not quite as bad and eventually after driving for another 15 or so mins it goes away and runs great. please any suggestions on where i should go next with it are greatly apprecieated. thanks in advance.
also getting code p0300

Quick Reply: p1391