2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

LED Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 11:19 AM
patchelect
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED Headlights

Has anyone tried the LED headlight conversions on their truck?

http://www.precisionled.com/dodge-da...1997-2004.html

I saw these and wondered if they helped overcome the crappy sense problem. I know that if the sense if not clear the lighting will be diminished, but short of doing a complete conversion to a boy racer type of light I'm not sure if there are many options. Searches only come up with products, but no real reviews that are worth a hoot. I did see a few posts on these

http://www.1aauto.com/dodge-dakota-d...=672957&y=2001

but I'm not sure that they were reassuring to me.

Alternatively I can get what appear to be OEM units and possibly install the LED system. I'm just afraid to be the guinea pig spending all the $$$ and finding out it wasn't worth it. I'd rather someone ELSE did that part!!!

Old 07-07-2016, 12:00 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

There are cheaper LED's out there. I run LED's in my Journey and love them. Way better than stock. There is some "scatter" but not as bad as HID's in stock housings. I got mine off amazon for like $100 for both low and high beams plus the fogs.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Austin Dial
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to find out if certain LED's are plug and play for a 2004 Dakota. For instance the very small side marker lights. I was also wondering if you put HID lamps in an aftermarket front headlight, aside from the balasts does is there any problems. In each front headlight there are also 2 lower lights (blinker lights) that I am wondering if can be replaced with LED lights. I see on CarID's website they have Can/bus plug and play LED's and I'm wondering if anyone else has experience in these areas?

Old 02-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

I thought about upgrading headlight to LED, but decided I didn't want the beam cutoff associated with LED bulbs. I went this route and use them as LED DRL.... They look great at night.

Last edited by Dodgevity; 02-15-2017 at 11:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
V8Cowboy (07-02-2023)

Quick Reply: LED Headlights