2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Accident....

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Robertwav1
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Accident....

Well, it happened. Careless driver in the rain and truck hit in the back probably totaling it. Maybe the truck is worth only a few thousand dollars but it's worth more then that to me. I'm hoping I can buy her back and fix it myself. Mechanically, good shape, lot's of hard work maintaining. Did I tell you I hate careless drivers. So disgusted. Avoided many accidents over the years but I didn't even see this coming. Back is messed up but gradually healing. I miss my truck, how you get attached to something you take good care of and careless people rip it out from under you. Sorry for the rant guys but even a brand new 2016 Jeep rental feels like junk compared to that Dodge pickup. Just heard $3200.00 in damage and the truck being a 98 isn't worth it. Maybe not to them. Have to wait now and see what happens. Would like to hear from anyone having an issue like this and what they did....thanks!

Old 10-06-2016, 09:40 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Glad you're OK. Sorry to hear about the truck.

Keep us posted as to how you're doing. Dan

Old 10-07-2016, 12:38 PM
cruzer55
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Buy the salvage rights from ins co.LMC truck.com has many new parts or local.I know from experience about the "BLINDSIDE" bummers.Fix it,if you like it that much put it back to what it was before .Beside going through a withdrawl from not having it makes for some times(Wish I should have).Just a thought.............

Old 10-25-2016, 07:54 PM
patchelect
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear issues with the true valuation of a salvage title, which is what you'd have. It may mean nothing to you and I understand, but maybe look and see what is available as a replacement? I've seen a number of nice Dakotas available on the occasions I have looked, although thankfully I'm not in the market since mine is sticking around for another 15 years unless I have the same misfortune as you.

Good luck, no matter what you do. And sorry for your loss.

Quick Reply: Accident....