2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Cabin Air Filter

Old 09-11-2007, 04:44 PM
plw1975
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabin Air Filter

My AC in my 2001 Dakota has gotten to the stage where it doesn't blow very hard at all. In fact if you turn it down to low the compressor will turn on and off all on it's own going down the road. I'm not sure if it is the switch or if something else is going wrong. Someone suggested that I check the in cabin air filter. Does anyone have any idea where this thing is if it even exists? Please help me!!! I can't afford to take this somewhere and let them guess at what the problem is.

THANKS!!!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 12:52 PM
snikr
Default RE: Cabin Air Filter

The Dakota's have a cabin air filter?? OK...where is it then on my 04?

Tom

Old 09-12-2007, 05:21 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no cabin air filter in the daks.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

It depends on what setting you are running your air on. The only settings that the compressor doesn't come on are upper vents only (no A/C) and lower vents only (no A/C). Make sure you aren't running it ona setting that the compressor is coming on. A lot of people get fooled when the compressor is on when they are running upper and lower vents when it isn't on an A/C setting. This is a Dodge thing, nothing out of the ordinary. Or is the problem something else entirely?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:07 PM
4x4kota
Veteran

The dakotas deffinately don't have a cabin air filter. By the sounds of things you have an electrical problem. This could mean bad switch, bad ground, blower motor... and the list goes on. The fan has 4 0r 5 settings only, there should be no intermittent one where the fan kicks on and off by itself when on low (Bad ground?). Just outta curiousity does the fan kick on higher with the heat on, or does it only seem to reach what would be comparable to the medium setting? I am also somewhat dissapointed with the amount of air that blows outta the vents with my truck too. I have 2 extra vents under the vents closest to the centre of the truck that i closed to redirect the air to low outta the higher ones mounted in the centre of the dash.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM
plw1975

I thought the whole cabin filter thing sounded strange. I have the different blow levels it just doesn't blow very hard at all. If youset it on low then the compressor turns on and off. The blow stay constant but the air will be cold one minute and warm the next. You can watch the light on the A/C button go on and off. The blow when the heat is on is the same as the A/C. Each blow level blows constant. It just doesn't blow very hard. Not like it should.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cabin Air Filter