2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

door ding ding ???

Old 11-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Purpleheartx2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heres the answer.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/showthr...t=door+dinging

Last edited by Purpleheartx2; 11-09-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 07:22 PM
dodgy2004
Thumbs up door ding ding ???

Have a 2004 Dodge Caravan. Turn off engine and open door and the dinging started with the door open light lit on the dash and the rear pilot light on the ceiling was lit. Closed the door and the dinging stopped but rear pilot light stayed on. Turns out it was the dash light controller or that spin dial to the left of the steering wheel. When I adjusted the dash light to the correct setting the dinging stopped and all is well.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:25 AM
crazybarb
Default 2015 dart

is my car supposed to ding ding ding when the trunk is left open and i start to drive? Are the doors supposed to ding ding ding if i open a door when the car is in motion?

Old 01-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Jordan Armstrong
Default Disabling door chime

The sensor that says the doors shut is in the door latch..just move it to the closed position with door open and ur good til ya shut it again

Old 06-25-2019, 09:22 AM
bohnjerry
Amateur
Smile [OP] - I solved it!!

Hello.. Thread OP here.. I solved it last night....
I checked the buckle to validate that ground to the green wire with gray tracer is open when unbuckled.. closed when buckled..
I checked continuity between ground wire (small black) to chassis ground.. all set.. so I figured it was "upstream" on the green wire/gray tracer....
I happened to see when I was working on things.. a green wire with a gray tracer coming down and away from the lower dash to a white module just to the left of the e-brake pedal. I nicked a piece of insulation off it and used a wire to ground it... Seat belt light went off!! I then proceeded to splice in a wire to this one and a permanent ground.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: door ding ding ???