2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

AVOID APS PRECISION and WAYNE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Siciliano15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVOID APS PRECISION and WAYNE!!!!

I just want to leave a note here for anyone and everyone who is looking to upgrade their transmission or torque converter. DO NOT use APS Precision. Look up someone else like PATC, BMR, or Martin Saine for your work.

I have a long, bad history with this guy that started when he sold me a 2600 stall converter for my original trans which caused a no-shift condition at WOT and which the lockup feature stopped working after about a month. I wouldnt be surprised if it was someone elses used converter he sold me.

Then, foolishly, I bought a brand new transmission from Wayne thinking that with his experience he could build me something strong and at the same time something that would finally shift at WOT. WELLLL, 3 GRAND later i got a transmission that looked nice but still wouldnt shift under WOT unless the TV cable was pulled all the way loose with shifts at random rpm levels and barely any kickdown when flooring it. I can say the SOLE reason why my truck wont run 12 second quarter miles is because of this scumbag lowlife.

Now he tells me I MAY have to grind this valve down or change tv springs or WHATEVER. Bottom line is that I paid over 3 grand for a "high performance" transmission and I shouldnt have to take anything apart or grind anything down. I must have dropped the valvebody in my truck at least 10 times since I bought it and at least another 20 more times of dropping the pan on it. thats a lot of wasted time and ATF+4 fluid and money.

If I had the money, I would rip this piece of crap outta my truck, **** on it, blow it up, and install a Tremec TR-6060 and live happily ever after!!!!

Also, just so everyone is clear, I have never had a problem with any sponsor or merchant for the dakota r/t or for my ls1 trans am. This guy Wayne is in a class or should i say classless of his own.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:29 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont worry, no one on this forum even has a truck that would need a built transmission.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:58 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wink2873
dont worry, no one on this forum even has a truck that would need a built transmission.
I got dual magnaflows,3 decals and 20% window tint I should be up to at least 500 hp right???? I dont think my stock tranny can take too much more so maybe a high performance tranny might be the next thing to get

Old 02-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
I got dual magnaflows,3 decals and 20% window tint I should be up to at least 500 hp right???? I dont think my stock tranny can take too much more so maybe a high performance tranny might be the next thing to get
not quite you still need a flame paint job and lambo doors lol

Old 02-05-2010, 12:08 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Josh Abels
not quite you still need a flame paint job and lambo doors lol
http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw...door_kits.html
Anyone buy lambo doors from this place im going to order them now lol

Old 02-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

oh and dont forget the 3ft tall spoiler

Old 02-05-2010, 12:20 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

oh and dont forget the 3ft tall spoiler
Ok well after ordering the doors I dont have enough money in my account for the spoiler so that will come later on down the road. Im also thinking about putting 26 inch wheels on my truck what do you think? Wont that gain me like 70 or 80 hp.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

lol only with 26.5" tires lol

Old 02-05-2010, 12:33 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

lol only with 26.5" tires lol
Lol i could make that work. My buddy has 26's on his lowered titan they are massive.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Siciliano15

haha well thats good that u wont be needing anything like this. some people out there seem so friendly in the begining but as soon as theres a problem they vanish.

Quick Reply: AVOID APS PRECISION and WAYNE!!!!