2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Exhaust cutouts on 5.9L

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
zdelong86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust cutouts on 5.9L

Hey everyone,

I keep searching but i cant seem to find what im looking for. I really want to go with exhaust cutouts. I want the sound/ performance when i want it. i drive almost 100mi a day and i cant stand an exhaust every minute of my trip so e-cutouts sound like the way to go. the problem is, is that i dont know #1 if I should go with a single behind the last cat or go with dual before the cats? which would give me the most benefits? also what size do i need to order for either one? i feel so lost on this vehicle... can someone help me out?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:57 PM
bigreed91
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i wana say stock that you have 2.5" pipe but really not sure, i would say use 2 seperate ones before the cat but the only thing is idk if loosing exhaust to your o2 sensor would throw it off or anything, then again if the o2 sensors are high enough on the exhaust you wouldnt have a problem. Easiest thing would be after cat but i wouldnt considering i took the muffler off my 5.9 so it'd be pointless

Quick Reply: Exhaust cutouts on 5.9L