2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

help please 2001 dakota blower stopped working

Old 01-30-2011, 12:03 AM
kelleyg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please 2001 dakota blower stopped working

2001 dodge dakota blower stopped working on high then it just stopped working all together ..can feel heat come thru vents but the blower isnt working at all..to cold out for this crazyness. any idea's where to start??
please and thanks.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:57 AM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome to the forum...

It's a bad blower motor resistor pack. Very common problem on Dakota's and fortunately it's very easy and inexpensive to fix. You need to get a new blower motor resistor from the Dodge dealer. Don't buy one at a parts store, they don't work as well as OEM. The OEM resistor should cost less than 20 bucks. Dodge did a redesign on the resistor pack a few years ago and used much better quality and longer lasting parts. You will see the difference when you compare the old part to the new one. I read online that Dodge sold all their old stock of resistors to Napa.

Look under the passenger's side of the dashboard, down below the glove box in the passenger's foot well, on the bottom side of the HVAC housing. The blower motor itself is to your right, and immediately to the left of the motor is the resistor pack, It is about 2 inches by 3 inches, rectangular shaped and is held in place with two 5/16" screws. It has an electrical connector plug with about 8 wires on it. Disconnect the plug and remove the resistor and reinstall the new one and plug it back in. The fan should work fine after that. It also helps to remove the passenger's footwell vent tube right there in that area, it's not absolutely necessary to remove it but if you do remove it you will have more room to work and easier access to the resistor pack.

Hope that helps.

Jimmy

Old 01-30-2011, 01:04 AM
UWAdventurer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry guys, I can't resist, just have your wife or girlfriend keep talking, that usually warms the inside of my truck up! Plenty of hot air there, LOL.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:10 AM
kelleyg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Jimmy , I now have heat =))

adventurer, Ha !! LoL i passed that along to my hubby he got a good laugh out of it =))

Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 AM
UWAdventurer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it fixed, sorry I couldn't help except with some humor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help please 2001 dakota blower stopped working