2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Stealership Got Me with a BG Trans flush

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 09:40 AM
ZANGADO
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Stealership Got Me with a BG Trans flush

So yesterday i went to the dealer for my oil change like i do every 3000 miles and i said its been about 60.000 miles since i had the trans fluid changed and a new filter put in,i know its about $100 bucks to get that done but its needed when you have 246.000 miles on your truck,so i waited from 8am till 9:45 and im wondering whats taking so long,i hear my truck pulling out and go down to get my invoice and the total is $247.82! im like WTF! here not only did the parts total $120.94 but the labor was $112.85 and $14 for tax but the part that i did not know about was they did the BG trans flush without telling me they were going to do it,when i asked the dude he said "for the millage,i recomended it" here is the link to the service of BG's trans service http://www.bgfindashop.com/bgservices/transmission.htm so does anybody have any testimonials or info on any of BG's services? Im wondering what i paid for while i recover from my bill.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:02 AM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ouch and did you authorize the work to be done

Old 07-17-2011, 11:17 AM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

BG service/flushes are very good, that's the best one you can get if you pay a shop to do it. But that dealer ripped you off big time if they did it without your knowledge or prior authorization. Did you sign a work order before they did the job and if so what was on it? Does it specify a BG flush or a regular trans fluid/filter swap? There is a big difference between the cost of a regular transmission fluid and filter change and a BG transmission power flush. If they did that without telling you how much it cost and/or without your permission you might contact the Service Manager or Service Director at that dealership and see if you can get a refund or at least a partial refund, credit on your next service or some other kind of compensation. Tell them you will rip them a new one if Chrysler does a service satisfaction survey on you. Dealers live and die by their Customer Service Satisfaction scores, it is called CSI for short. if they get too many bad surveys the dealer can lose its 5 Star rating, and that causes a lot of problems in both service and sales.

Jimmy

Old 07-17-2011, 11:26 AM
ZANGADO
Rookie

No,they did it without asking. I just told them i wanted a fluid and filter change.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:29 AM
ZANGADO
Rookie

I did not know that they were going to do the BG service from the begining,i asked for a fluid/filter change,when I walked into the office to recieve the invoice I noticed the BG service was done and i asked why and he said "for the millage,i recomended it" I did not feel like arguing so i had to sign my signature and receipt,I guess i should bitch to someone huh.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:32 AM
thunder98110
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZANGADO
No,they did it without asking. I just told them i wanted a fluid and filter change.
for the trans or motor oil?

i wouldnt have left and demanded to talk to the manager or whomever was in charge. they have to consult you before they do extra work.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 PM
NickCornell
Veteran

Dude. Tear them a new one. I'd be re biggest pita till I got my money

Old 07-17-2011, 12:35 PM
ZANGADO
Rookie
Default Trans Flush

Originally Posted by thunder98110
for the trans or motor oil?

i wouldnt have left and demanded to talk to the manager or whomever was in charge. they have to consult you before they do extra work.
It was the Trans Flush that I did not know i was going to get or be charged for the service,i asked for the fluid/filter change only.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:36 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Dealers make good money on BG flushes and services, whether it is a trans fluid, induction, top end cleaning, brake fluid flush or whatever other service they perform. There's a lot of profit in it for the dealer and the tech not only gets paid his hourly or flat rate for the work, BG also pays the techs a spiff on all the services they do each month. Unless BG has changed its policies in the last few years, the way it works is BG puts a plastic chip inside each can or container of BG fluids and cleaners the techs use at the dealer. The chips used to look like a poker chip and they were different colors. Each color corresponds to the amount of money the chip is worth. When the tech does the job, the parts guy gives him the supplies for it, tech does the work, before throwing the cans and containers away, he opens the can lid and removes the chip. The tech saves the chips and about once a month the BG reps visit the dealer and the tech cashes in his chips for a cash spiff that the BG reps pay him right there on the spot. The service advisor makes money on the BG services he sells too. There is a lot of profit in BG services.

If you were unaware of the cost and type of transmission service they were going to do, and they did the BG flush without your prior authorization, it would be a good idea to take it up with the Service Manager. If he won't help you, maybe ask for the dealership owner or general manager. If they blow you off, then take them to small claims court. They have no right to rip you off and do extra and more expensive work just so they make more money or just because the service advisor recommends it. Your state may also have consumer protection laws that could help you on this. Personally, I would not give up on it until the dealer makes it right, one way or another.

Jimmy

Old 07-17-2011, 12:36 PM
ZANGADO
Rookie

Originally Posted by 01SilverCC
BG service/flushes are very good, that's the best one you can get if you pay a shop to do it. But that dealer ripped you off big time if they did it without your knowledge or prior authorization. Did you sign a work order before they did the job and if so what was on it? Does it specify a BG flush or a regular trans fluid/filter swap? There is a big difference between the cost of a regular transmission fluid and filter change and a BG transmission power flush. If they did that without telling you how much it cost and/or without your permission you might contact the Service Manager or Service Director at that dealership and see if you can get a refund or at least a partial refund, credit on your next service or some other kind of compensation. Tell them you will rip them a new one if Chrysler does a service satisfaction survey on you. Dealers live and die by their Customer Service Satisfaction scores, it is called CSI for short. if they get too many bad surveys the dealer can lose its 5 Star rating, and that causes a lot of problems in both service and sales.

Jimmy
I did not know that they were going to do the BG service from the begining,i asked for a fluid/filter change,when I walked into the office to recieve the invoice I noticed the BG service was done and i asked why and he said "for the millage,i recomended it" I did not feel like arguing so i had to sign my signature and receipt,I guess i should bitch to someone huh.

Quick Reply: Stealership Got Me with a BG Trans flush