2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

wiring diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:53 AM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post wiring diagrams

does anybody know were i can find a book of wiring diagrams im looking for a book that only has wiring diagrams for the whole truck and the accesories and what not if you know of any besides the chiltens and what not do they have a factory book

Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

The factory service manual has the wiring diagrams, connector pinouts, ground locations, all that stuff.

AlldataDIY also has the factory diagrams, etc., online. It's subscription based.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:12 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Red face also Haynes

Haynes books have the diagrams also but not easy to understand for the most part wiring is PITA to get a good grip on from the diagrams; and the color codes are confusing not to mention the craziness under the dash.

If a Goof ball installed your radio you are F-ed up those guys make a mess of your wiring for the most part they are young kids doing the installs they splice into the wrong wires all the time.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 152 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by 98DAKAZ
Haynes books have the diagrams also but not easy to understand for the most part wiring is PITA to get a good grip on from the diagrams; and the color codes are confusing not to mention the craziness under the dash.

If a Goof ball installed your radio you are F-ed up those guys make a mess of your wiring for the most part they are young kids doing the installs they splice into the wrong wires all the time.
another reason to put up with Crutchfield's prices....you know you got the right connectors!

Old 08-05-2011, 04:44 PM
moparman_2004
All Star

no no radio problems im adding a overhead console to my truck i got it already but i need the diagrams for the wires and what not people make the harness but not with the auto dim mirror that im adding while im at at and looking at a few other options i may install but im gunna order the factory books and take the hit on the 130 bucks for them

Old 08-05-2011, 04:46 PM
magnethead
Legend

Originally Posted by moparman_2004
no no radio problems im adding a overhead console to my truck i got it already but i need the diagrams for the wires and what not people make the harness but not with the auto dim mirror that im adding while im at at and looking at a few other options i may install but im gunna order the factory books and take the hit on the 130 bucks for them
why order. We have then online for free >

The mirror should just be a power and ground, maybe a third wire to tell it when the lights are on?

Plenty of overhead console tutorials on here.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:30 PM
moparman_2004
All Star

i havnt been able to find any of them online and it would be nice to have the books also to just keep them in the garage instead of messing with the computer out there and idk i liek the hard copy but i guess ill pay for it and i thought the same of the mirror but theres 6 or 7 wires that come out of it any help you be nice thou to find them online

heres the first console i ordered i got it for the computer cause it was only 18 bucks shipped and the console im using dont have the computer installed so ill mix and match the two and get what i want there

Old 08-05-2011, 05:59 PM
magnethead
Legend

It's a copyright issue to have the books out on the internet. But a lucky few of us here on DF happen to have them. I keep both mine and dad's truck FSM's on our garage computer, and BK'd on my server and laptop.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:23 PM
moparman_2004
All Star

but where do you look were is there to look im needing one for my 04

Quick Reply: wiring diagrams