2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Thrush Glasspack

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 03:30 PM
AlexH2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thrush Glasspack

Anyone here used them before?

I was wondering how they sound on a Dakota 3.9, and how much of a difference dual straight back with the cat removed might sound.

Other than that, really any general personal experience information about these things would be great.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:21 PM
dirtbiker
Captain

Check it out, I think it sounds like a riced out Civic:

I don't know why that guy didn't like his stock exhaust, if mine sounded like that I'd love it. I put just a normal chambered muffler on my 3.9, cause I have a 6.9 V8 diesel to be loud in lol. Sounds good too, unlike the 3.9 with anything other than a near stock exhaust.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:41 PM
AlexH2

Yeah after seeing a few videos with that exhaust I have changed my mind. I just plain don't like dual-ported crap that is on mine right now. But, it is what it is. Guess I'll have to do with what I have.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:49 PM
mmguy18
Veteran

Good job making it sound like sh--. Sure will not be able to tell it is a truck.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Blacknights
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My advice, especially since you have a V6, just remove the muffler altogether. There shouldn't be a problem unless you live in a heavily populated city or your state is like C
California.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:03 PM
AlexH2

Originally Posted by mmguy18
Good job making it sound like sh--. Sure will not be able to tell it is a truck.
If you are referring to me, my truck does not sound like that at all. That is what it would of been had I chose to actually use dual thrush glasspacks.

Originally Posted by Blacknights
My advice, especially since you have a V6, just remove the muffler altogether. There shouldn't be a problem unless you live in a heavily populated city or your state is like C
California.
I considered that, I just don't want a super loud exhaust. Last thing I need is cops paying extra attention to me just because I have a way too damn loud exhaust.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Blacknights
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Youtube search, quite a few guys have recorded what it sounds like when they drive with different exhausts or things like the muffler removed. I saw one guy who removed the muffler, but put a resonator from a car on it. The sound was pure rumble and growling, nothing high pitch (the high pitch noise is what normally pisses people off a lot). And it wasn't too loud unless he floored it.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:17 PM
AlexH2

Originally Posted by Blacknights
Youtube search, quite a few guys have recorded what it sounds like when they drive with different exhausts or things like the muffler removed. I saw one guy who removed the muffler, but put a resonator from a car on it. The sound was pure rumble and growling, nothing high pitch (the high pitch noise is what normally pisses people off a lot). And it wasn't too loud unless he floored it.
I may try that. Good chance I'll just wind up leaving it as it is honestly. I was looking for an easy way out to fixing my exhaust but after realizing there isn't...

Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 PM
ahsnowlover
Veteran

I have the flowmaster 40 on my truck and I think it sounds good, kinda like the kids truck in the first part of the video before he cuts the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Thrush Glasspack