2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

SAS Prep

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 02:33 PM
01blackdak
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I'll just roll with it lol.

As for the rear I'll probably do shackle flip.. Kinda like what Crazy4x4RT did in this write up.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...with-pics.html

Not sure if it would level out rear with the front after or not but if anything blocks could just be put in.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When I first did the SAS, I had add-a-leafs in the back already and I added ridiculous blocks (5-1/2") to level it until I could do a shackle flip. I've since done a shackle flip very similar to his and also replaced the stock springs (with add-a-leafs) with the stock Ramcharger springs (no add-a-leafs). I was hoping that would give me enough lift in the rear to toss the blocks completely, but I still needed a couple more inches. Since I hate add-a-leafs more than blocks, I went with blocks.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 PM
01blackdak
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hm, well I've got a few years of planning and gathering parts so hopefully I'll figure something out to possibly eliminate the blocks. Unless you do before me.
I'll be sure to post up in this thread when I gather parts and get things done over the coming months/years

Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool. I love long-term build threads. Looking forward to reading it and helping out when I can.

Quick Reply: SAS Prep