2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

My truck doesn't exist!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Dakmm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My truck doesn't exist!!

Well it exists obviously since I drive it everyday, but it never shows up as an option when I need parts or something.

It's an '04 QC SXT 4X4 with the 4.7, but I've never once had it show up correctly, almost never see the SXT come up and when it does it never has an option for the 4.7.

What is the SXT designation and were they rare?

Also I've noticed that I seem to be the only Dakota that I see around without the V8 Magnum badge on the front quarter panels, what's the deal with that?

Thanks.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not 100 percent positive on the sxt but I do believe that the sxt only came with the 3.7l v6. I think it was kind of an inbetween model of the base and slt. The magnum badges on your front fenders mean that someone either put them there because they wanted to or your fenders came from a 97-00 dakota the had a v8 in it. What I would do is look in the diy section in the faq and theres a link that will take you to a chrysler website. You put in your vin number and email and within a couple days they will send you your vehicle build sheet. This tells you what options/packages your truck had when made.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Dakmm
Professional

Well I definitely have an SXT and I most definitely have a 4.7.

As far as the Magnum badges I don't have them but just wondered why. I mean it's got the 4.7 Magnum in it so why did some trucks get the Magnum badge and some didn't? I've also seen the Magnum badge on the V6 Dakota's, so just wondering why my truck didn't come with them. Is it an SXT package thing?

Anybody know what the SXT designation actually means?

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:54 AM
cummingetit
Professional

I don't believe it actually means anything. Long time ago the dealer told me it simply was a trim package? A quick google search turned up Standard eXTra. I just think that sounds stupid and conveniently had the letters in it.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 AM
rwilhelms
Veteran

http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/univers...ull&category=U

That is the link to have Dodge send you your vehicle build sheet. In the reason box just put vehicle build sheet and they'll get back to you in a couple days.

Also the magnum motor badge is put on Dakotas and Rams that had the magnum v6 and v8's. These were fuel injected 5.2l 318 cubic inch v8. the 5.9l 360 cubic inch v8 and the 3.9l 239c.i v6

The 4.7L 287c.i. v8 and the 3.7L 226 c.i. v6 are powertech motors. I know that Dodge did make a mistake when they switched to the 4.7L v8 in 2000 they didn't remove the magnum v8 badge. They did remove it in 2001.

I've also been searching and can't find much info on the sxt option maybe if you get your build sheet you will get more info on that.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM
DakinUK
Veteran

Thanks rwilhelms for clarifying the badging. I've got a 2000 4.7 with Magnum badges and always wondered why!

Old 10-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Dakmm
Professional

Thanks rwilhelms, I've requested the build sheet so I'll check it out when it comes.

I'm confused on the 4.7 not being a Magnum engine though. My air intake says it right on it, "Magnum 4.7 V8". I have a friend with the same year Dakota only it's CC and not a QC and it says the same thing, and another friend with an '03 Ram with the 4.7 that says the same thing on the air intake. All state, "Magnum 4.7 V8".

Not to mention the I don't know how many articles I've read that specifically refer to the 4.7 as a Magnum.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Robbadodge
Veteran

Originally Posted by rwilhelms
http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/univers...ull&category=U

That is the link to have Dodge send you your vehicle build sheet. In the reason box just put vehicle build sheet and they'll get back to you in a couple days.

Also the magnum motor badge is put on Dakotas and Rams that had the magnum v6 and v8's. These were fuel injected 5.2l 318 cubic inch v8. the 5.9l 360 cubic inch v8 and the 3.9l 239c.i v6

The 4.7L 287c.i. v8 and the 3.7L 226 c.i. v6 are powertech motors. I know that Dodge did make a mistake when they switched to the 4.7L v8 in 2000 they didn't remove the magnum v8 badge. They did remove it in 2001.

I've also been searching and can't find much info on the sxt option maybe if you get your build sheet you will get more info on that.
Purchased my '01 in '05 and a few things never made sense. I'd like to get a build sheet, but the link is not taking me anywhere... I get an error in my ways. copy paste also did not work.

Thank again, I'll keep trying to surf the site to figure it out.

Drive fun!

Old 10-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Robbadodge
Veteran
Default Odd.....

The link above keeps the "..." in the middle. I did a search and found a different forum that reference the same link. While it shows the "..." in the middle, it actually shows the entire link when hovering over the link.

Anyway, odd a that was, I got to the page and submitted my request.

Thank y'all!

Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Dakmm
Professional

Is the 4.7 not a Magnum engine? This is confusing me more and more and I read different things.

Quick Reply: My truck doesn't exist!!