2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

help engine code 0622

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 09:47 PM
kydakota2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help engine code 0622

okay first time on this site. and sorry for the story, but tried alot of serching and just havent found a problem like mine. okay so few weeks ago i left the house and about 2 miles dwn the road my check guages lighcame on and my voltage meter was slowly dropping so remembering my battery had some corrosion on it soo pulled into a gas station cleaned it off still didnt work it. (all this time it has started fine just not maintining voltage. soo thinking it was my altenator i made it home and had it tested and it tested good. soo i went and put it back on to see what it would it would do. i started it up and it charged fine? my truck worked and ran fine for about a week. then randomly it didnt charge again soo got out unplugged the alternator and plugged it back in and it worked fine again this went on randomly for about a week or soo then jus yester day i started noticing tht my lights (in my dash and headlights) started pulsing like only when in overdrive tho. then yesterday it started pulsing again at idle but my voltage meter wasnt low or anything. alil backstory i also have a small vaccum leak soo i have had two engine codes already on. soo i checked last night to see if anymore popped up and seen 0622. again sorry for the book i wrote but jus havent seen anyone having problems like this?

Old 12-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Vladek
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

po622= alternatorfield " f " control circuit malfunction
that is out of the chilton for durango/dakota 97 thru 2000

sounds like it is a connection problem on the altenator with that discription. may need to clean the connectors and make sure you get the good click sound when you reattach them. and make sure there is good contact where the nut is (on the altenator) might need to replace the connectors?

Old 12-14-2013, 11:24 PM
kydakota2013

yea i have that manual and have seen that in other forums. and it has clicked good each time i have unplugged it, even put sum dielectric grease on it. and i did also replace the plug. and still doing the same thing. its always random sumtimes it will work and others it wont ill try to clean the ground and reset the engine codes tomorrow. could this engine could b related to the pcm (voltage regulator)?

Old 12-14-2013, 11:27 PM
kydakota2013

and sorry i jus did my signature. i have an 03 quad cab with the 4.7 in it

Old 12-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Vladek
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldn't put to much faith in the auto part store testing either. i have had many altenators pass their tests but in the truck they fall on it face.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:56 AM
kydakota2013

yea i think tht nis what im gunna do today, but the main confusing part to me it how i can re plug it in and it works i dnt take the battery off when i do it just that one plug. jus some ppl say if its not ur alt and its not ur battery than it could b ur pcm and i didnt find one story where sumone got a new pcm and it worked out good. soo jus wanted some opinons on why it worked sumtimes and didnt others and wht it could b

Old 12-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Jeremy98dakota
Rookie

hey guys this is kydakota2013 on my brothers acct. i jus tried to check my engine codes again when i noticed even when i leave the key on not started jus on my voltage meter gradually dropped down to zero nothing went out or anything but it jus dropped all the way down? is this normal? or could it mean i have a short somewhere?

Old 12-15-2013, 11:04 AM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Don't rely on the dash gauge, it's not a real voltmeter. Put a battery at the battery and read the voltage, engine running and again when it's not.

Also check the voltage at the alternator output.

Then, measure between the battery positive post and the alternator output. This tests the connections between both locations.

Do the same from the ground post on the battery to a clean engine ground. This checks the ground connections.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Jeremy98dakota
Rookie

its me again. and i think i found it i took the alt off and looked into the connector on the alt, and it had some corrosion in it soo i cleaned it up and plugged it back up it worked fine right now i will update if problems presist. i changed the plugin a few days ago because it looked alil messed up almost like it melted alittle bit but turns out the corrosion was jus the same color. thanks for the quick replies everyone

Quick Reply: help engine code 0622