2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

1999 dakota no speedo and abs light

Old 07-14-2014, 01:25 PM
prophecy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 dakota no speedo and abs light

Hello everyone, just joined. I've looked over many threads and can't seem to find the fix to my problem. The problem being that my speedometer doesnt work and the abs light is always on. I've changed out the rear abs sensor and it made no difference. it's 4 wheel abs, 4x4 3.9l v6. The wires seem to be in decent condition, though there is some movement at the input to the abs sensor. Any ideas? Thanks. UPDATE: turns out the cab was unplugged by the previous owner because the abs pump was broken. Looks like I found my fix.

Last edited by prophecy; 07-14-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:02 PM
KVB

I'm glad you found your problem and it was a quick fix. However, I just replaced my rear abs speed sensor. The abs and brake lights on the dash went away, but my speedometer is still not working. The wire connection dose not seem to make a tight seal and I am able to remove it again easily. I'm not sure if I got the right sensor but part of the problem (lights on the dash) went away. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:38 PM
prophecy

From troubleshooting myself, check that the 10amp abs/rwal fuse is okay. if it's blown the speedo wont work. Otherwise could be the speedo itself, but id check all wires and fuses first.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:25 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The problem maybe a bad output speed sensor on the transmission tail housing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 dakota no speedo and abs light