2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Stalling in closed loop...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Robertwav1
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cjantczak
I could get my 98 dakota with the 3.9 to stall too if i wiggled the pcm connectors or closed the hood or door hard. i just wire tied them tight and it was fine.
My downstream o2 was shot, the end was all messed up and im surprised i didnt get a code(wish i had a picture from when i pulled it out). Now i put the Bosch o2 sensors in my dakota and never had a problem with them, but if i would have known before hand i wouldnt have went with them.
CJ, I wish you had read my post a few weeks ago. This drove me nuts for a while. I'm on the third day now and all is well. I guess a lesson learned here is always check an intermittent with no codes a possibly computer problem.

I too have a bosch in the downstream now as I found out too late about the Dakota's hating them. I guess it's just something to keep an eye on. Thank goodness they are cheap enough as well as other parts for this ancient vehicle. I have a love relationship with my truck again. Thanks all for your input!

Old 10-26-2014, 12:05 PM
cjantczak
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CJ, I wish you had read my post a few weeks ago. This drove me nuts for a while. I'm on the third day now and all is well. I guess a lesson learned here is always check an intermittent with no codes a possibly computer problem.

I too have a bosch in the downstream now as I found out too late about the Dakota's hating them. I guess it's just something to keep an eye on. Thank goodness they are cheap enough as well as other parts for this ancient vehicle. I have a love relationship with my truck again. Thanks all for your input!
Its all good. this was all happening to me a couple years ago. Since ive zip tied the connectors and changed my o2's with the bosch's my truck hasnt stalled in the last couple years and i made 3 trips to memphis and back to northwest indiana. i also forgot to mention that part of my stalling was my intake air temperature sensor would read a -50 degrees and stall my truck out with fuel, it would flooded and you could smell the fuel. Just a thought if your stalling and smell fuel. ive also heard the coolant temp sensor can go bad and give crazy readings, now if this causes the truck to stall like my iat sensor did im not sure.

Quick Reply: Stalling in closed loop...