2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

no spark yes i did research

Old 12-18-2014, 07:37 PM
onegoodmason
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

links are from dodge talk . not sure why I'm getting ******** ???

Oven method is just put the whole PCM in the oven at 360 for a certain amount of time . This is suppose to reflow the solder without dis-assembly . Solder melts at 360 so theoretically , it should work . My concern is what else melts .

Old 12-18-2014, 07:41 PM
onegoodmason
Veteran
Old 12-18-2014, 08:01 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onegoodmason

Oven method is just put the whole PCM in the oven at 360 for a certain amount of time . This is suppose to reflow the solder without dis-assembly . Solder melts at 360 so theoretically , it should work . My concern is what else melts .
ok cool looked at jeepforum as how to redo it might try that tomorrow....or how long should i put this thing in the oven at 360 i do have that fancy new oven with digital display and i am about 13 beers in

Old 12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 152 Likes on 139 Posts

DT and DF are direct competitors and do not allow cross posting/linking.

I used computer exchange no problem, they overnighted me mine...

Old 12-18-2014, 10:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

I have seen too many horror stories about PCM's from AutoComputerExchange..... Their reputation just sucks. Can you get your money back from them, and order one up from a local parts store?

It's evident that the PCM IS the problem. Why the ones from ACE will only fire the engine once is rather interesting though....... wonder if that is just due to their crappy quality.....

Old 12-19-2014, 08:13 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I have seen too many horror stories about PCM's from AutoComputerExchange..... Their reputation just sucks. Can you get your money back from them, and order one up from a local parts store?

It's evident that the PCM IS the problem. Why the ones from ACE will only fire the engine once is rather interesting though....... wonder if that is just due to their crappy quality.....
yeah i know the PCM is the issue. I am going to call them now and see if i can get a refund. I didnt do much research on them , i just saw they were local and reasonable on price i got a guy who will sell me a used one for $60 so gonna go try that and see what happens. I hope they refund me the money @ ACE

Old 12-19-2014, 08:18 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

or should i get a cardone reman from local parts store this just sucks i am so aggervated....

Old 12-20-2014, 08:18 AM
onegoodmason
Veteran

Originally Posted by magnethead
DT and DF are direct competitors and do not allow cross posting/linking.
Thanks for the heads up . I did a google search , DT had best similar info . No biggie , I'll still post up good info from where ever . No money trading in my hands , I help cause that's just the way I roll

Old 12-21-2014, 08:10 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

Thanks for the heads up . I did a google search , DT had best similar info . No biggie , I'll still post up good info from where ever . No money trading in my hands , I help cause that's just the way I roll

yup thanks for the info awaiting another pcm from ACE will be here tomorrow if this one doesnt work they said they will issue a refund

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: no spark yes i did research