2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

dome light flash

Old 06-08-2015, 12:33 AM
vtlogger
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dome light flash

Help!! I got a 2003 Dakota 5sp 4x4 .. a while back I noticed that when I got in the truck it would chime like it always does but then the dome light started to flash with the chime, now tonight I got in the truck started it up and started to drive before it stopped chiming and it was making all my lights flash .. it only does it when it chimes?? bad ground?? I checked them first but did I miss something??

Old 06-09-2015, 10:56 PM
JDak02
Amateur

Sounds like the central timer module is at fault. I had mine go out on my 02. Intermittent wipers didn't work, headlights, taillights..no chimes..etc. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=KaZ3VfX5LZLlsASvg4C4B A&url=http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/JHoop/2008-07-25_134256_Module.pdf&ved=0CHYQFjAMahUKEwi1ssqZj4TG AhWSMowKHa8BAEc&usg=AFQjCNFRxpYuE8STK3FoE_NH-pNw0RbkJg

This says 01 Durango but my 02 dakota had the same colored wires at the same terminals. Check your grounds with an ohm meter. If they check out, replace the CTM. Be sure to get one with the same options u have. ( keyless entry, security ). I just wrote the part # down from mine..went on ebay, matched one up..got it, put it in and no problems since.

Hope the link works. It's a pdf file.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:50 PM
vtlogger
Rookie
Thumbs up

Yea... anything helps. had one guy tell he thinks it the chime shorting out, he made a good point that it only does it when it chime's and no over time, I had to check that out too.... thank for the info

Old 06-11-2015, 08:20 AM
Robertwav1
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vtlogger
Yea... anything helps. had one guy tell he thinks it the chime shorting out, he made a good point that it only does it when it chime's and no over time, I had to check that out too.... thank for the info
One other thing really easy to check is the door switches. I once had a similar condition on another vehicle where the switch was not being fully depressed all the time flashing the dome light and sounding chime.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dome light flash